Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
bond james bond
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06,studded,bullet proof egr sct tow tune.
been fine for 2 years,truck is only used for hauling and then only 6/700lbs,when crawling in traffic,little tell tale condensation on inside of windscreen,but then 150 miles of 75mph an only lost less than pint of coolant.
Ideas?fan does come in but nothing excessive,would it be a late coming on fan in the traffic?
id have thought if it was hg again it would be puking when it was working hard??
your thoughts please
thanks in advance

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
1,208 Posts
Does there seem to be exessive pressure on cap?? have any way to check recovery tank pressure?
May be as simple as a bad cap, (Very Common)

Is it Tuned ?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I know you have a bulletproof EGR but are you able to monitor your ECT and EOT?

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
1,208 Posts
If it continues to leak with new cap, then brute is right checking oil temps will tell a lot.

·
Registered
135 Posts
So did the new cap help??

I got my Scan Guage II on Amazon. $160.00 plus shipping.

·
bond james bond
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well thought it di,running without trailer fine,running tonight with trailer fine then with only 1500 in trailer puked,not much,but did notice moment whre oem cooalnt temp didnt register,does the engine fan use the same temp sens as gauge?
scan gauge should land tomorrw!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I believe that the fan is controlled strickly by the PCM. So in a way the fan would be dictated by what the ECT sensor is telling the PCM. Congrats on the SC II! Best money that I have spent on my truck. Let us know what you find on the ECT vs EOT when you get it plugged in.

·
bond james bond
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will do brute,do i need to use the xgauge part of the scangauge2 or not,to see eot/ect.
Rocky,the condensation appears on drivers side bottom left of windscreen when it starts to loose coolant,some of the steam must be filtering into cab behind dashboard

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
1,208 Posts
Yes you want to program into the xguages. Kinda of a pain at first once you get going not too bad and that little thing is awesome, you will like it it can see everything the pcm does.
There are some how toos on utube for programming it.

There is a hole in the firewall near master cylinder for running cables ect,I sealed mine up and put sound matting in that area to quiet engine noise.

·
bond james bond
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok highest ect was 210oil 210
largest spread was 12.f
got home and it had puked,the fan came on once,your thoughts?also progf ficm pwr and shows 49 running 48.5 on cranking
what temp should that fan cut in ,on way home i hit 204ect/206 eot and no fan?

·
bond james bond
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
forgot to say thats towing horse and trailer 7/7.5k uphill our worse hill like 1 in 4,outside temp is 26.celcius,ainbt got a clue in fahrenheit
cheers

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
1,208 Posts
Is the egr still plugged in?
How is the wiring to the fan up on shrowd?
Believe it or not the egr valve wiring is in the loop with the hi temp fan so make sure it's at least plugged in. One of the down falls with egr deletes.

I think fan kicks on at 220.

Is your coolant level on the lower bottom line or a bit below?

Does the coolant system seem to have exessive pressure on it?
A pressure guage on the coolant recovery system will tell you what's going on.

You may want to put the tune back to stock and see if you have the cap still venting.

Also have you cleaned the radiator grill with a good cleaner and a high pressure hose to clear out debris and bugs ect.

·
bond james bond
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yup egr still there,fan works but i didnt see it as hi as 220,and it ran,coolant was a bit below bottom line,ironically it puked the other nite,haulin hay,went to top up today before moving horse and it was still full?
will check rad,where the temps i got excessive?
love the sc2 what an amazing lil box!cant believe how wildlty crap the oem gauges are

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
1,208 Posts
Your oil cooler temps look good. I think my fan comes on around 210 when I am pulling my trailer.
Pulling a trailer with a tuner is usually not recommended, a mild tune should not be a problem though. Have you looked down into the intake manifold under egr valve?

Start there if it is dry then I would put a pressure guage on the coolant recovery cap and see what is going on there.

If the coolant recovery tank is over filled it can blow off coolant, if it's where it should be and your dry in the intake manifold you might have head gasket issues. A pressure guage again will tell alot.

·
bond james bond
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thats my fear!,i run the tow tune on the sct tuner,as the mainpurpose for my truck is hauling.
When i studded her,i also went black onyx hg,which turn out to be rientz which is often an oem supplier??
But i see bad postings about these now?
What do you think?
thanks

·
bond james bond
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
quick one,when playing with my sg2,i noticed my batt volt was low like 13.1? is my sg2 in need of calibration or ie it really that crap?id have thought 13.8v and up with her running?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts