Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody?

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i emailed beans and they never got back to me- anybody use one of these or know of them?

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
some people have used them, I just see no point in them..... since it dont take that long to let it idle down to cooler shut down temps.

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this one is kind of nice because not only does it let your truck cool down and you can lock the door and walk away while it idles for a minute but it also pulls some other readings and you can actually use it as a shift light too.

i haven't found much on the web, i emailed the shop i got it from and i just ain't getting the support i am looking for. i need a wiring diagram- i guess i will keep researching it.

·
Wheelie Dude
2,126 Posts
To make everything work you will need the pin outs for your speed sensor, cam sensor for rpm, ign switch on, and probly a couple others as well. They are kind of agrevating in a way to install because most of teh instuctions are in Japenese but you should find a wire shematic in there for the inputs to the HKS. Once you have those then you have to find the corresponding wires on teh truck to tie them into. I can get you the diagrams for your truck but it may be Monday before we can email them to you.

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that is exactly what i am looking for-

i ordered the product from you guys while i was in iraq so it has been sitting this long i don't think another day or two is going to matter too much.

thanks in advance

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep, that is what i am looking for. where do i hook up:

-speed sensor (blue with single brown stripe)
-rpm signal (brown with single blue stripe)
-parking brake (gray with single brown stripe) i assume i will find a hot 12v wire somewhere down by the parking brake-

is the rpm signal from the truck harness a 5v digital signal or a 12v analog signal and where do i find the spot to hook this up?

where is the vehicle speed sensor wire and where would i hook up to this?

so black is ground, red is constant voltage, green is ignition, and the blue with two brown stripes is accessory.

so then i would hook the green up under the column somewhere to the key switch?

i'm not retarded and i usually have a decent handle on this stuff so i need some specific guidance on this. i don't want to fry this timer when i hook it up. i don't know how common this application is and hopefully when this is all figured out it may help someone else out too. the Japanese instructions do not help and the only specific application instructions concern rice burners. am i the first one to hook this up to a domestic diesel?

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
Shoot us over an email and request some pin outs so that you can hook it up and we will hook ya up best we can.
Can you pm this info as well? I may be installing one on a 7.3 shortly.

thanks

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, so i emailed matt at beans last week and no response. i also called today and left a message with matt, no response. i bought the product from them and they will not give the service? i don't know how many times i have asked beans for this info and they will not respond...

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
ok, so i emailed matt at beans last week and no response. i also called today and left a message with matt, no response. i bought the product from them and they will not give the service? i don't know how many times i have asked beans for this info and they will not respond...
dude they are a busy shop. last I saw they were looking to add another sales person just cause of that.

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
this has been going on over a month now... this is taken directly from their website.... "Phone: (615) 563-7800 Voicemails are returned promptly." all i am looking for is a response. is this the way i have to get it?

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
I dont wanna come off as an ass or anything but I know they are a busy shop. and yes the messages are returned promptly but at the same time you have to understand they get hundreds of calls a day and they may have not gotten the info needed yet for the turbo timer.

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no, it's cool. i have thick skin- army, biker, construction worker for years. but like i say, it has been quite some time now...

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Well just to back up what countryboyrob said they are extremely busy. Especially this time of year. I just ordered a trans from them and you just gotta be patient with the calls being returned. Matt is a great guy who does a lot from what I can tell. They'll get back to ya.

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok, i won't push anymore buttons. not for another week or so.

·
Drive fast, look cool
391 Posts
agreed, matt stays busy... they always do follow up though ;)

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
WTF?! At this point I am done! I am going to let HKS know about this and I have no reserve about letting everyone know about my negative experience after countless attempts on my part and NOTHING on their part. I followed the proper SOP for resolve, gone through the chain of command, and now I am calling them out. Hate me if you will, I don't care.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts