Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got slightly higher EGTs after I installed my new turbo wheel, about 100 degrees higher then it uses to be, pulling big hills with a t190 skid steer and fence post pounder I'm seeing 1150 to 1200 degrees where it used to never go past 1100 and generally stayed right at 1000 degrees, now I have new riff Raff boots and they all seem to be on correctly. The only things I did not replace the gasket on the turbo compressor housing, it seemed good when I took it off and went back on ok, just simply didn't think of it when doing the wheel change and needed the truck the next day so no time to wait and order it, as far as boost goes it seems to do fine, wot it will hit nearly 30 psi, thats with a hydra chip on php 100 hp setting, no issue there, stock exhaust but completely straight piped, 6637 filter, my question is if the compressor housing o-ring is leaking would that cause my slight increase of etgs but no lose of boost?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
No, if you had a little boost leaking it would be bad mpg but not necessarily high egt (unless a lot of boost leak which you won’t be making 30psi).

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
​ DieselDC;6124909 said:
No, if you had a little boost leaking it would be bad mpg but not necessarily high egt (unless a lot of boost leak which you won’t be making 30psi).

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...
Gotcha, thanks for the reply, believe I'm going to to further improve the exhaust system with a high flow outlet with ebvp delete and 4 inch turbo back exhaust and see were that puts me. Wish I had when I put new up pipes and wheel. :|

1 - 3 of 3 Posts