Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well,got the EGR delete done,thought things were fine until i took it out on the highway tonight...at first i thought i had a wheel out off balance until i went to pass a car...i was cruising about 80mph the whole time . it didn't miss for about the first 10 miles.
drove it home on the back roads never exceeding 55 mph and it sounded and felt fine.
got about a mile from home and kicked it down....didn't really feel a miss and it set me back in the seat.
the fuel filter on the rail was changed about a month ago and the one on the motor was changed last fall, both NAPA filters.
any ideas ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
i would definately go with fuel pressure, it is most likely at a certain constant rpm that sucks the fuel pressure down. drive her around at 75~80 and see what rpm you are running then try simulate passing a car .. or just step on it and see what happens. (after the filter change obvously) post what youve got. low fuel pressure/air in the lines can cause injector failure also so make sure and prime the system well after the filter changes. hope this helps.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well,it seems i'm in a county dry of anything i need...no motorcraft filters, no test gauge for fuel pressure. i mean, i tried ALL the auto parts stores...the dealers aren't open on weekends.
you'd think if ford was going to make such troublesome engines, they'd have a store in each county that's open 24 hrs a day !
love the truck, just not into not trusting it down the road.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well,put new motorcraft filters and the new fuel spring upgrade in....and i thought it was fine. cruising along at 80 mph, no miss,i stab the gas,it jolts me back and bucks....and i back off at cruising speed with the miss back.
i get down to the lower speed and i don't feel the miss.
i got the dealer "down" to $54,700. for a new 2011 f250...
but he wanted to steal my truck.(i was running good at the time)
oh well, back to the drawing board !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts