Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1997 f250 stage 1 injectors, cold air intake, billet turbo wheel... whenever i get tino high rpm accelertating the motor studders and jumps like the motor is cutting out, when it finally shifts its fine. only happens around the 3k mark. any ideas?

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
338 Posts
1997 f250 stage 1 injectors, cold air intake, billet turbo wheel... whenever i get tino high rpm accelertating the motor studders and jumps like the motor is cutting out, when it finally shifts its fine. only happens around the 3k mark. any ideas?
Have you checked the FPR screen? also how new are your injectors? sounds like it could be injectors, I would run a buzz test to rule that out or see if that is the issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the injectors only have about 5k on them... but ill check the FPR screen first

·
Project Shamu
3,155 Posts
Check fuel pressure. Sounds like the pump can't keep up with demand.

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
338 Posts
Check fuel pressure. Sounds like the pump can't keep up with demand.
That was my next thing but I also think injector o rings, but don’t know what size injector he is running

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
338 Posts
supposedly Stage 1 injectors.. just recently bought the truck
alrighty, well lets rule out fuel pressure, I would connect a gauge to the shrader off the fuel bowl. Here is a Link on how to do so. Once you get a good reading on fuel pressure let us know. I am still leaning towards injector O rings and or an injector isnt seated properly, did it throw a check engine code?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alrighty, well lets rule out fuel pressure, I would connect a gauge to the shrader off the fuel bowl. Here is a Link on how to do so. Once you get a good reading on fuel pressure let us know. I am still leaning towards injector O rings and or an injector isnt seated properly, did it throw a check engine code?
no check engine code. it has reliable power while daily driving. it only starts acting up when im up in high rpm

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
338 Posts
no check engine code. it has reliable power while daily driving. it only starts acting up when im up in high rpm
Could be ICP and or CPS, or injectors like mentioned, its hard to diagnose without it throwing a code. I would check fuel pressure, and check sensors/replace the ICP and CPS just because. If those dont work its more then likely something with the injectors.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Or to save time, money and a whole lot of frustration from "throwing parts" at the thing... Get FORScan and a reliable adapter... I like my USB OBDLink EX for direct to a computer, but the BAFX Bt/Wifi or a OBDLink MX for a phone also seem to get good reviews here at PSN. I would capture and save data from the IPR, ICP, RPM, EBP, MAP, IAT, EOT and calculated torque PIDs at a minimum. Unfortunately, there is no fuel pressure PID for the 7.3.

Cj

·
Project Shamu
3,155 Posts
"Stage 1" tells us nothing but a general idea. Tell us the actual size of the injector in CC's and nozzle %. I hate that companies advertise in "Stages"...

Reactions: CA7.3

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"Stage 1" tells us nothing but a general idea. Tell us the actual size of the injector in CC's and nozzle %. I hate that companies advertise in "Stages"...
I have no clue thats all the guy told me. ill hit him up and see if he can give me details

·
cainbr
1997 F250HD 7.3 CCSB 4x4 Manual
35 Posts
Is it chipped? Couldn’t tell from thread. If so have you tried replicating on other tunes or maybe remove to test on stock setup?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts