Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2006 F250 6.0 Diesel. The truck quit running and we diagnosed it to be a fuel problem. Once we dug further into it, we found the High Pressure pump had failed. When it failed it cracked the rear part of the block. Can this be welded or fixed in any way, short of replacing the engine. I included some pictures.

Thanks,
Randy

·
Registered
520 Posts
That sucks. STC fitting blew off hard! Sure the pump is bad?

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts
I doubt that JB Weld can fix that....OUCH. Maybe someone with some welding skills could save you some money in the short run. Long term better find a good block.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Couldn't you just replace just the rear cover, such as one listed on ebay right now? Granted you'd need the rear seal replaced and some other work too, but the engine would be pulled for a replacement anyways.

6.0 powerstroke timing cover 03 to 08 | eBay

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
Engine has to come out to replace the Branch tube anyway... thats just a back plate...

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
yes, but not only do you have to replace the plate, look at how bent the branch tube is... it has to be replaced

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Replace the timing cover. That sucks. I've seen pictures of that damage but have not seen it yet with my own eyes. That ebay cover is a great deal!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts