Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was going to drain / pump the oil out of the high pressure pump but some one has jucked with the bolt were can i get a new one this one is trashed
i can most likely get it out but i dont want to put it back any ideas ??

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
That should be the straight threaded, o-ringed type (early PSDs had an NPT plug). Try these part numbers:

1825262C91 (International)
F81Z-9077-AA (Ford)

Cheers!

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
To get it out you can use a cut off wheel and carefully cut a notch in it so you can get a flat head screwdriver on it to get it out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mine did the same thing today :mad: I'll have to use an easy-out at work and replace it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would second the easy-out option for removing it. If you dont want to buy a whole kit sears has em' individually wrapped for sale.
matt z

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would try a flat chisel and a ball pein hammer, it will work like an impact and it should break loose

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the the new plug to day while at the stealer ship the { top } mechanic was there and asked why i wanted to change the oil in the pump . i told him it had set for sometime andheard it was a good idea he thought i was jokeing . so i changed the oil in the pump twice and holly cow that was some crappy oil . the oil in the engine lookes like honey and the pump oil was like a thick tar ish base . i havent drove it yet but it starts much better all ready

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
to be honest the guy that told me about it . had me wondering all so until i seen him do it to a another guys truck before you had to crank for ever to get this truck to start but after the change . day and night diff, in light of the reading post after post on the suject after the fact of doing this already
was it worth it yes. why u ask because its like some women cheap @ easy ,lol . oil is the cheapest thing next to fuel i can buy for my rig so why not ,

·
Registered
91 Posts
After reading the bash thread, here's my take on it.

The HPOP reservoir can't be empty, otherwise the truck won't run. So, while the HPOP pumps more than enough to cycle the oil in there, there is no drain that allows it to drain fully to the bottom pan. The LPOP will top off that reservoir, but there is no real exchange there.

Think of a glass full of pancake syrup. You pour chocolate syrup on top of it, some will mix in but you still have mostly pancake syrup with a little chocolate syrup.

Same with the HPOP reservoir. It continually circulates the oil that is in there, with some topping off with the new oil from the LPOP.

I'm a newb here and to diesels as well, but I think this is just one of those cases where going the extra mile may not be necessary, but is still a good thing to do.

·
<---- my shop
1,297 Posts
Your take is a lil off. The oil in the hpop res is constantly being replenished by oil from the lpop, and that is what keeps new oil in the hpop res. When the oil goes out to the inj it then returns to the pan not back to the hpop res. It then mixes with all the other oil and is used everywhere. Not saying that you shouldn't do it just sayin that to me it seems unnessesary

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Your take is a lil off. The oil in the hpop res is constantly being replenished by oil from the lpop, and that is what keeps new oil in the hpop res. When the oil goes out to the inj it then returns to the pan not back to the hpop res. It then mixes with all the other oil and is used everywhere. Not saying that you shouldn't do it just sayin that to me it seems unnessesary
Exactly. It is unnecessary and saying that the oil in the res is any different color or older then the stuff in the pan means you have an issue cuz its the same stuff. However, if it floats your boat to change it out, go for it. I aint gonna tell you not to.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Some people just don't get how our motors work LOL
No, some people don't. That's why we come here to LEARN. So let 's TEACH and not BASH.

I was under the impression that the HPOP loop dumped back into the top reservoir. If it does dump down to the bottom end, then I completely agree that it is not needed to change the top end.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Some of us are trying to teach. I brought up that thread so whoever wanted to read it and look past the bashing and learn a thing or two could. Vaders Fury up there also tried explaining it.

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
Read...

Say your cruising down the road at 2200 RPMs with a 17* HPOP. The HPOP is spinning at 80% of crankshaft speed so its at 1760RPMs - the HPOP is displacing 7.1cc of oil per revolution or 12,496cc of oil per minute at this RPM. That is 3.3 gallons of oil per minute going through your resevoir. Lets say you have stock AD injectors - they inject 140cc of fuel per 1000 injection events. They use 7 times that amount of oil plus some for the split shot event - I'll ignore the split shot event for the moment. You got WOT dumping all the fuel in the injectors at 2200RPMs - thats 8624cc of oil PLUS thats being used every minute - thats 2.2 gallons of oil every minute. Yes i know your not running your truck wide open for a full minute - but lets say you hold it wide open for 15 seconds - over 1/2 gallon of oil goes through the rails and into the injectors in that little time span with stock injectors. I don't know the volume of the rails in the heads at the moment - but it might be about 3/4 of a gallon on a quick and dirty estimate I just did - I would say it wont take long to change that oil with a stock truck - even less with a modified truck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts