Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well from the begining. I did the test with hpop from 65 roll on up to 85 with IPR pressure of 1600 and DC of 90%. So I wanted to make sure that nothing was leaking in the head. I pressurized the heads by removing the hoses for the HPOP pump and plugged both ends off. then installed a QD in the head and pressurized the heads with a hydraulic pump. I pump it up to 3000psi and it will fall to about 500ish or so. I removed all of the injectors thinking that one of the o-rings might be bad, however none of the oil o-rings looked bad. #6 had a bad lower o-ring. By the way all were replaced with new Alliant kits. Also when I pressurized the heads I didn't see or hear anything in the valve train. I had the valve covers off and didn't see any excess oil anywhere. Is there a place inside that I can not find. Also is it possible for the injectors to somehow bypass oil with out being told to fire?

Any input or thoughts as to where else I can check I would appreciate it. Thanks Dave

·
OEM Moderator
9,379 Posts
Hangdog recently posted some results he got when pressure testing the heads and the rate they would leakdown.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How long did it take to leak down to 500#?
I honestly don't remember, I would say a couple minutes or so any ways but that is just off the top of my head. Is there a rate that it should bleed off at?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hangdog recently posted some results he got when pressure testing the heads and the rate they would leakdown.
Tom

Thanks that is an interesting read. I will have to get in touch with him to see if he came up with anything else.

Just as a reference my injectors are stock with 135K on them.

Thanks Dave

·
Wannabe
277 Posts
I'd have to find my results, but mine leaked down from 3000 to about 500 in a "few" minutes. I was thinking around 5 minutes. The rate was similar with my 13x,xxx stock injectors and my newly built stage 2's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.