Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Lariat F350. Jelibuilt tunes, BTS trans
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m fixing to order a CNC FAB stage 2 HPOP.

While I’m into doing this, I’m putting a set of high pressure oil lines on the truck as well.

Looking at $155 for the regular lines. $205 for the set with the crossover.

I am planning on putting single shots on it next year. Likely a set of 180/30s.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,080 Posts
Trying to figure why a crossover would even be necessary. Has anyone put an oil pressure gauge on each rail to check the differences?

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
Trying to figure why a crossover would even be necessary. Has anyone put an oil pressure gauge on each rail to check the differences?
Many many years ago when these trucks were off of the lots a lot of experimenting was done as to what works and what doesn't. Also a lot of testing was done before a lot of these modifications came out. I did read somewhere about the pressures being different on the rear of the heads but don't quote me on that. But that was the purpose of the cross over hose, to equalize the pressures on the back cylinders.

I fell into line and ordered a cross over line from Dale at TYMAR and installed it. Some claim that they can hear the difference, I can't. Has it helped any in the performance of the engine, I have no idea. Would I do it again, nope.

Reactions: Jax

·
Premium Member
3,080 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If y’all would be interested, I’ll put just the lines on and take it for a rip so we have a before and after on just that part. I’ll get the laptop ready for data logging.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The crossover line between the heads for the attempted balance of injectors oil pressure will not be noticed as they are from one side of engine to the other, no pattern to be detected . I had my system or as they say Line installed over 10 years ago , cost me 40 callers back then . Filter service in portland made me up one, all is well . I would not think it would be detectable ? Mine is staying .. The Gov Holmes

·
Registered
107 Posts
The crossover does not give any performance advantage. When I had mine it made a noticeable difference in idle noise/smoothness, but other than that no difference. It was worth it for $50.

However, a lot of people don't like them as it "adds" another leak spot. Also, a lot of people's trucks don't seem to notice any difference at all.

Third thing: any aftermarket HPOP will have the check valves removed at the pump which serves the same purpose. So, no need to do it with an upgraded HPOP.

Reactions: JustAFenceBuilder

·
Registered
2002 F450 SD 7.3L 4R100 RWD DRW
95 Posts
I decided to order the "HPX" corssover line from Riffraff. It's a hard metal line and will be no more of a leak potential than the plugs already there. I like what I've read about the mod and it's cheap/simple enough. I don't expect to notice anything. It's just one of those peace of mind things that you are treating your engine to the best you can. I'm also getting interested in the regualted fuel return line they make too. It seems to be about the same idea as the oil crossover, but for the fuel system.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Let me know how you like it. It appears mine will get here when it gets here. They said the pumps are 3-4 weeks back ordered. Monday will be 3 weeks.
Thanks for being patient. We sell these pumps faster than we can build them. Just not enough time in the day to keep up, and it's a real struggle to hire quality help. I've been in the shop working 7 days a week for the last 6 weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for being patient. We sell these pumps faster than we can build them. Just not enough time in the day to keep up, and it's a real struggle to hire quality help. I've been in the shop working 7 days a week for the last 6 weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I understand. In this case it matters more to me that it’s right and is on the quoted schedule than I get it tomorrow.

I’m excited to get it though. Just keep on keeping on man!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts