Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just pulled off the highway and noticed a high pitched whistle sound. I think it is coming from the engine area. I do have exhaust that whistles but this is different. I just had my head studs done and a egr delete kit installed. I am traveling and want to know if this could be a serouse issue or a warning of something yet to come. Thank you for any help

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
Does the pitch get higher and higher the more you accelerate?

I don't have a 6.0 nor have i ever worked on one but im guessing something isn't sealed properly,... it could be causing the whistle.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Get a light and search around the head gasket area and the EGR area with the truck running.

If you find something, you need to fix it.

When you had headstuds put in, did you have a leak before? If so, did you replace head gaskets?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ford did the work. They put new head gaskets on and arp studs. I paid a machine shop to deck and magnuflux the heads. I just got them done about a month or so ago.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Good call, didn't think about that. I always tell people to look at the cheap easy stuff first, and there I went looking at worst case.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Is it still puking?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok it's s not puking.. Which pipe is the up pipe.. Is it the one that comes off the turbo and goes down by the radiator?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It seems to get loud while driving and once you stop and idle it goes away after a few minutes.

If I press the peddle while driving it goes away.. If I maintain speed it whistles

1 - 17 of 17 Posts