Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously thinking about getting a 6 position chip from DI. My only hesitation is that my truck is pushing 200,000 miles and I am concerned about causing high dollar engine and drivetrain problems (daily driver). I will just be getting some mild tunes. Should I be concerned or will I be OK?

·
Sleep well my brothers
2,063 Posts
Do it. Mine had about 150,000 when I put my chip in,and no problems at all. And that was about 40,000 ago.

·
Registered
73 Posts
well ill be telling you how mines turns out just bought my truck a couple weeks ago it has 270,000 and im just waiting on my chip to come in :redspotdance:

·
Registered
76 Posts
you will be fine i have turbo injectors and some other little things with a ts chip that has custom tunes and i just rolled 235,000

·
Gone Broke
1,072 Posts
242,000 with everything in my sig, i started with a chip at 224,000

·
Diesel Sled Head
1,101 Posts
My first truck had 255 on it when I started to play. 317,000 and still ran great, no oil. GO FOR IT. All is good

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
My old daily driver got it's first chip at 200k, and it loved it! About the only concern you'll have is your tires/lift and if you have a stock auto trans. Bigger tires and more fuel can put a hurting on a stock trans.

Dave

G

·
I am seriously thinking about getting a 6 position chip from DI. My only hesitation is that my truck is pushing 200,000 miles and I am concerned about causing high dollar engine and drivetrain problems (daily driver). I will just be getting some mild tunes. Should I be concerned or will I be OK?
I think if anything it will improve reliability..

·
Registered
900 Posts
I put mine first chip in at 236 and i got 50,000 or more out of it. just gotta watch tranny if its gettin older

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.