Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dumb question, but what is the purpose of it?

Also I was doing some searching, has anyone officially found out how to wire in the fogs to stay on with high beams? I'm on a truck kick this weekend and figured may as well do it all at once.

·
Registered
646 Posts
High idle mod is done, to any diesel vehicle to keep your engine tempurature (ex oil & coolant) up in colder tempuratures, like in Canada -40c in the winter. It is also used by some people to warm up their vehicle faster on cooler/cold days.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's kinda what I figured but didn't know if there was any other beneficial reason for it. Thanks

·
WOOOOO!!!!!
1,655 Posts
I used it on mine to help keep the battery charged up on the dump trailer I was using last week. Its so easy to hook up that its definitely worth having.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
On a HEUI it is used to raise the oil pressure for the injectors. On a CR it is used to help raise fuel pressure and also to help prevent wet stacking

·
401 Posts
On the fogs I figured the easiest way to keep them on is to use one of the upfitter switches to power them. I tried to find a relay and could not. Everything is done with the smart junction box. You have a wire out of the switch to the fogs, think it is grey with a red strip, just look at the backside of the foglights and it is the same color at the switch. When you start testing wires on the switch you will see what I am talking about. I just left it. 55watt HIDs are bright enough on low beams.

·
zfsix4our
296 Posts
I hate wet stacking, I constantly think of it in the winter months. Is the stock high idle feature not high enough?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
"stock" high idle which is what the motor does after couple min of idle only works to a certain temp.. as soon as that temp threshold is met it wont elevate the idle by itself. this is when high idle mod works. also sometimes "stock" high idle doesnt get high enough. winter months ive seen it go to 1100 rpm but reg its just 900 or below which is not enough i believe.

·
POWERSMOKIN64
515 Posts
If I let mine high idle for 20 mins I think it would be outta fuel. I have never seen a vehicle use so much fuel idling.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
When I am working on something and the gf is in the truck I use the high idle so my truck dosent plug up the egr,and the fuel pressure keeps going, and she stays nice and cool or nice and toasty.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Mine sits at about 1200, but I was told if you put a load on it it will idle up more, up to 2500

1 - 12 of 12 Posts