Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've had the switch mounted up for awhile that says "idle speed" and everything. So today I decided to give it a purpose. I followed this link HERE. The only thing I did different was, substituting the red wire on the IVS for the red wire with a yellow trace, and the green wire on the IVS for a red wire with a green trace, since that's what was on my IVS.

Any ideas why it won't idle up when the switch is on and I play with the POT?
I'm stumped, I'll have to look into it better next weekend but I was hoping someone would have some input in the meantime.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Well, I've had the switch mounted up for awhile that says "idle speed" and everything. So today I decided to give it a purpose. I followed this link HERE. The only thing I did different was, substituting the red wire on the IVS for the red wire with a yellow trace, and the green wire on the IVS for a red wire with a green trace, since that's what was on my IVS.

I'm stumped, I'll have to look into it better next weekend but I was hoping someone would have some input in the meantime.
I am not trying to start tuner wars part 10, but I have a AIC from Ford that works great with no chip, and with one tuners chip, but not with another s. Try pulling your chip.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, I guess that's possible. I've heard the problems people were having with a certain tuner, and thier headlights killing the truck.

Anymore input on the wiring is appreciated.

·
HHAUL'N STROKER
1,574 Posts
Not to derail the thread but can our trucks be programed to use the cruise control to set the idle? As the big trucks can use their cruise to set idle for warm ups or pto control.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not to derail the thread but can our trucks be programed to use the cruise control to set the idle? As the big trucks can use their cruise to set idle for warm ups or pto control.
Not that I've ever heard, I wished that's how it was. Its such a nice setup, and clean method for high idle. That's how the dodges are when you change some pin on the ECM.

But instead we have the option to purchase a Ford AIC module, or do what I did and try to get it to work.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Not that I've ever heard, I wished that's how it was. Its such a nice setup, and clean method for high idle. That's how the dodges are when you change some pin on the ECM.

But instead we have the option to purchase a Ford AIC module, or do what I did and try to get it to work.
Why not get a high idle file on your chip?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
I am sure it can that is how the sp ebpv brake works,
They are just switches after all,
but remeber there is an airbag trigger amungst that nest of wires

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The DP tuner is going bye bye shortly, and I don't want to waste a position on the chip with a high idle position.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Also I have an aic and a high idle tune, like the aic battery charge feature, being abkle to set. Diff rpms is nice as well. Chip and aic hold rpms very well, but no parking brake needed for the chip either.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I figured I'd use what I already spend my time wiring into the TPS and IVS. I just thought someone would have some suggestions, as to what to check if it isn't working.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
well you mention different colored wires, so that could be one.
have you tried pulling the chip to rule that out .
(Make sure keys are not in the truck....else pzzzzzzzt dead pcm)
and in the remote possibility it is the chip it may not be the chip itself but the wire that goes to the controler
i know of a few that had low shielding that got fm radio interferance or trouble with HID ballasts.
which i believe dp has a replacement cord for.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haven't pulled the chip to rule that out just yet.

Does anyone know the difference between the wires to the IVS in the link I posted and the wires to the IVS I have (red with yellow trace, and red with green trace)

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I think I found part of my problem, the link for the high idle mod I posted is for 94-97 7.3's. Does anyone know if there's any difference between the OBS and the superduty 7.3 TPS and IVS?

I also found a simpler diagram, that I could use relay's in place of a double pole, single throw switch.
HERE

·
Registered
2,982 Posts

Hmm, I guess that's possible. I've heard the problems people were having with a certain tuner, and thier headlights killing the truck.

Anymore input on the wiring is appreciated.
The DP tuner is going bye bye shortly, and I don't want to waste a position on the chip with a high idle position.
Also I have an aic and a high idle tune, like the aic battery charge feature, being abkle to set. Diff rpms is nice as well. Chip and aic hold rpms very well, but no parking brake needed for the chip either.
Trailerhauler,

We have several customers who have done the AIC mod. The chip will not have anything to do with the issue you are having with your AIC.

Diane

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Diane

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
I figured as much the only thing I have seen is with an hid ballast.
Does swamps or di have a high idle mod in their pages

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Check out this one southmike, I'm thinking about moving around some wires this weekend and using this with one pot rather than two. And two relays and a SPST switch in place of the STDP switch.

What do ya think?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts