Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The truck is a 1997 F350 with 204k on the clock. It is lifted 6" and im running 37" tires. 3" down pipe to 6" stack, stock injectors, stock turbo, ts chip with Tony Tunes, CALI FPR mod, T500 HPOP, 4.10 gears. Just changed my injector pressure sensor.

Cruising down the road at 60mph my EGTS are at about 800* and my boost is at maybe 5lbs or less... at idle my truck builds no boost. I looked and saw no soot or boost leaks. What could cause this?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I see nothing wrong with your temps and pressure.

You will produce no boost at idle. 5 psi at cruise (on flat surface, no wind,) is actually fairly high. Normally I have a little throttle pressure applied to get 5. That little bit of throttle can produce 800* easily and that is no big deal.

Alls well..

·
oilfield trucker
849 Posts
That sounds pretty normal to me. Your engine isn't under load at an idle, so it's not going to make any boost.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok I just thought 800 was a little hot to be be crusing at 60.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
800* is kinda high for flat cruising depending on speed. I cruise around the 650* area @ 70.

I suggest that you check your intake plenums for leaks. Also check exhaust manifolds for broken bolt heads and the donuts on the up-pipes.

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
oilfield trucker
849 Posts
Plus it's lifted with big tires and 4:10's.......that makes a big difference!

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
To the OP have you re-calibrated you speedo? If not thinking you'd be faster then 60 and thus the greater load/heat.

jrc

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the responses! I guess I was just being paranoid but better safe than sorry. And yes I will be installing the intercooler with my s366 so that should help as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts