Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have this reoccurring problem where my truck boosts like a *****, crappy power and farts after u give it some go pedal. Also my truck sounds like a Boeing 747 on a normal day but when this happens it sounds like an f14 taking off at idle and driving is louder as we'll.

Now I can fix the problem by taking the batteries cables off and doing the kam reset. My question is what is going wrong? Why does this keep happening? Resetting my **** once a week is getting old. And no codes via my sct livewire cts. Please help.

New exhaust pressure sensor. Same with old and new one.
Bulletproof egr, egr looks good and clean.
Took off vgt solenoid and it seemed clean as we'll with free moving internals.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Most likely your unison ring in the turbo is seizing up and the turbo needs to be removed disassembled and cleaned. Just do a search on that, there are plenty of threads on how to do it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
you said you replaced ebp sensor but did you make sure tube was clean. had a issue similar and took tube off and it was clogged up(also check fitting in manifold for blockage) blew out, put back on, ran perfect.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you said you replaced ebp sensor but did you make sure tube was clean. had a issue similar and took tube off and it was clogged up(also check fitting in manifold for blockage) blew out, put back on, ran perfect.
Yeap cleaned it all out too. Also I think there was even an update that deletes that from ford or something.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A mechanic at my work told me that the pig tails for the exhaust pressure sensor goes bad. Anyone have that happen. ####ing ford wants 80.00 bucks just for a new pigtail lol

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
The "farting" is actually compressor surging (reverse flow) and is a tad hard on the turbo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.