Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you numbers on what kind of a setup and altitude? Trying to find out whats normal.

Wondering because I was towing about 6500 last weekend and the EGT on stock sticks and stock tunes would hit 1200 and stay steady running WOT on a 4% grade @about 70 mph. This is at 6000 ft.

I'm sure thats higher than normal but I found both intake plenums leaking. The pass side was leaking about 3/4 of the way along the top and I resealed it tonight, the drivers side I'll do tomorrow night, it was only leaking under the hose inlet.

BTW it runs 17 psi for boost with the leaks.
Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mine at sea level will only run up to 1200*, but when I came out here to Gunnison Colorado I have to drive by the Pyro when I am pulling a my Jeep. I actually have problems spooling my turbo at elevation and not puking ink black smoke.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Joys of less O2, a IC will help egt's as will intake and exhaust mods if you don't have them.
I tow for hours at 1250* so I wouldn't worry

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,
I also have some higher rated tunes so I'm going to try with the 50 and see how it does, if it climbs too high I'll cut her back to keep it safe. I'm going to Moab next week and I've got quite a few good grades to climb.

Bird, you running stock injectors?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
FYI..unless you have larger Inj's you will only get 50-60HP max with anyones tunes..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts