Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just order retro-solutions H13 5000 HID's. Thanks to all the recommendations from PSN. Looks like a great company.

Now the question...has anyone upgraded the fog light bulbs so the color matches the bright white of the HID's? I have no problem buying a set of HID's (35w or 55w) for the fogs, but I want to be able to use the fogs on the road without blinding the world and getting pulled over. I'm thinking the combo would be too bright for street use? Anyone running both sets?

So I'd like to start by replacing the fogs w/ halogen bulbs that match colorwise.....anyone use Silverstars, etc???

·
Lost Cause
896 Posts
If it was me, I'd put a more yellow 3800K HIDs and modify the switch so they can come one with the marker lights.

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
im planning on running HIDs in both

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
I keep forgetting I have fog lights since I got the hids.

One day I may upgrade them if I ever remember they are there.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
With 5K, run silverstars. I had 6K HID's in my old car, and silverstar bulbs for fogs, and my fogs color seem to me like 5K by the color. If you want to run HID, my suggestion is use the same bulb color. It will look way better.

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
they are actually just like a 60 or 70 dollar 6000k 35 watt ebay kit...plugged directly into the factory fog light bulb harness.

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
could you post a pic? im wanting 6000K in mine.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have 6000k's in my foglights and headights
I run 6000K in my head lights and fog lights also. I usually just run my fogs as driving lights alone and get away with it. They are angled up enough that even cops looking right at me think it's bright enough for night use. I can see just fine with fogl ights. If I am out and about more from city I use head lghts and fog lights. I even thought about putting two more fog lights with 6000k in the middle so I have 4 total. That would be bright lol.

·
Registered
160 Posts
they are actually just like a 60 or 70 dollar 6000k 35 watt ebay kit...plugged directly into the factory fog light bulb harness.
I forgot to mention I got mine off ebay for both head lights and foglights and for the cheaper kits, they work great. I just got regular ballasts and 35w ones.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
6K seemed to blue for me in my GTO, but I was looking for true white, without any blue. Just a little tip if you guys are trying to stay away from blue, plus 5K will be brighter than 6K.

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
i would like a lil blue tint to mine. not much though. so i think im gonna go with the 6000k

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I'll see what these look like when they come in. I was debating between 5 and 6k, but wanted to error on the side of whiter.... I will probably just go with 35W 5k fogs..55W is a lot of light!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts