Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The packages from Retro Solutions arrived this morning and I got started. I got the 9008 4300k 55w High/Low kit for the headlights and the the 9145 4300K 55w for the fog lights.

All I can say is Ford may have thought alot about the motor and drivetrain but damn they didnt think to much about making it easy to swap, say a blown headlight bulb, the entire grille has to come off and its adjustable, so you have to mark where it is when you take it off to make sure it lines back up properly. Not that the grille is hard to get off but it seems like they would have made it a tad easier.

Once I got everything off, I found the next hiccup, as you would probably guess, very little room to place the ballast, but I made it work, here are some pictures.

Thanks Todd @ Retro Solutions!

Fog Lights

Left HID, Right Halogen

Both installed

All Done

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
looks like they made one hell of a difference, looks great! Nice truck, like it better than your 04 so far?? Can't wait to do the HID mod on my own truck, factory headlights are just not that bright!

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like they made one hell of a difference, looks great! Nice truck, like it better than your 04 so far?? Can't wait to do the HID mod on my own truck, factory headlights are just not that bright!
they made a huge difference! Thanks and I do like it alot better then the 04, I still love the 04, but this one is taking over quick. HID's are a good mod on any vehicle, do it, you wont regret it.

·
CompD Mod
698 Posts
Nice flip flops! LOL

They look good, Adam! I need some of these BAD!

·
CompD Mod
698 Posts
I just always look for people's reflections in pics, and that's the first thing I noticed. LOL

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Looks good!

Just one little thing, the ballast bracket on the one side, passenger, is upside down. Make sure that tab is poked out far enough so the ballast can not slip out like that.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Todd, its actually right side up now, I had to make a final adjustment and that meant flipping the ballast.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Looks great!

You're gonna love HID's, I've been spoiled to them for about 6 years now!!
It's hard to drive a dumpy halogen headlight vehicle anymore...LOL!!

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
making me wana get some :)

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks great!

You're gonna love HID's, I've been spoiled to them for about 6 years now!!
It's hard to drive a dumpy halogen headlight vehicle anymore...LOL!!
LOL, this isnt my first set, I have them on my dually and my wife has them on her Edge, cant hardly drive with halogens LOL

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
where do you work?

I have a set of McColloughs on my dually that have been there for 4 years now with no issues and a set of Retro's on my wife's Edge that have been there for almost 2 years with no issues. Some HID's are better then others.

·
Registered
378 Posts
where do you work?

I have a set of McColloughs on my dually that have been there for 4 years now with no issues and a set of Retro's on my wife's Edge that have been there for almost 2 years with no issues. Some HID's are better then others.
X2, I've never had a ballast failure on any of my HID's. Most of the kits are the Digital XtremeHid's from Xenondepot, I have one Bi-Xenon kit from a oddball company in a 95 F250 truck but it's been flawless too..

I know that many aftermarket ballasts are Epoxy Sealed now and can be ran underwater....that's one thing that causes problems in non-waterproof OEM ballasts. FYI- XenonDepot used to have a video of their HID ballast underwater while in operation with a bulb lit out of the water...

·
Registered
111 Posts
have a pic of these on at night? i would like to see them as ill probably be getting them for my dads new 350. same 4300k too.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts