Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my hids hooked up last night headlights come on ok,but foglights came on and went off right away,prob a blown fuse but my truck did not come with a owners manual so i dont know what fuse to check,also they say to disconnect the daytime running lights not sure what fuse that is either,any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm not sure on the fuse for the fog light's but I know that there is no fuse for the DRL's. You need to unplug them to disable them. The resistor is located in front of the battery on the drivers side under the perforated shield on the core support in this pic. Just disconnect the wire and your set.

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'm not sure on the fuse for the fog light's but I know that there is no fuse for the DRL's. You need to unplug them to disable them. The resistor is located in front of the battery on the drivers side under the perforated shield on the core support in this pic. Just disconnect the wire and your set.
My 2000 had a fuse for the DRL's. One of the first things i did when i got the truck was pull that fuse. I hate not being able to turn off the lights. Don't know if that changed in the later years or not though. Best way to find a blown fuse is with a test light. Just check for power on both ends of the fuse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts