Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I am the juggernaut.
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done it ,can the ballasts take it?

I have a kit sitting around so I was wondering if I could use it or not.. wondering if anyone has tried it..

·
I am the juggernaut.
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, HID headlights.

·
I am the juggernaut.
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See, that was my concern.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
You can buy special headlight bulbs for the crown vics that have strobes and headlights mixed... may or may not work in the housing. but they are not HID.

·
I am the juggernaut.
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its not a big deal, I already have HIDs and I had a strobe kit sitting around, I'll find something else to use it on...

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Its not a big deal, I already have HIDs and I had a strobe kit sitting around, I'll find something else to use it on...
do you have the power supply and bulbs? i thought you wanted to turn the HID ballast/bulb into the strobe.

post a pic of what you have

·
I am the juggernaut.
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do you have the power supply and bulbs? i thought you wanted to turn the HID ballast/bulb into the strobe.

post a pic of what you have
I wanted to turn my HID/ballast into the strobe.

The kid utilizes existing bulbs, normally your run-of-the-mill headlight bulbs.

They are actual strobe effect not wig wag, I think the wig-wag would actually work better since it relays slower but ,alas, it is not what I have and I dont want it bad enough to buy it.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Put them in a tractor or something.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
I wanted to turn my HID/ballast into the strobe.

The kid utilizes existing bulbs, normally your run-of-the-mill headlight bulbs.

They are actual strobe effect not wig wag, I think the wig-wag would actually work better since it relays slower but ,alas, it is not what I have and I dont want it bad enough to buy it.
Roger. that would be a headlight flasher, not a strobe pack. If you want to get rid of it, let me know. I have several people looking for headlight flashers.

Oh and no flasher will be slow enough to not fry a ballast. I have a computer controlled flasher and tried setting it slow enough to not freak out the ballasts but still have some kind of decent flash pattern. after about 4 minutes the ballast was freaking out, and getting hot.

You can always use that same flasher to flash turn signals, brake lights, reverse lights, whatever.

·
I am the juggernaut.
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dont you have a golf cart ? :ford:
yeah but it has a UNI light, lmao.

I'm gonna save it for a 4 wheeler or something...

·
I am the juggernaut.
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You can always use that same flasher to flash turn signals, brake lights, reverse lights, whatever.
Thanks for the insight, it validated my initial concern. I def don't want to fool with fried ballasts. Its actually the reason I haven't installed them thus far. I might rig them up to my parking lights or something, who knows.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
It should have 25 amp relays in it, so in theory you can flash between reverse/brake lights alternating with each other, or if you have lots of free time you could wire it to flash your turn signals in the front, and both reverse/brakes in the rear. kinda makes a criss cross if that makes any sense.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts