Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just orderd some from retro. my question is whats the best way to aim them.

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
They aim just like your aiming the ones you have now. I would get a car parked in front of your truck just like it would be at a drivethru or stopped behind someone at a red light. Now aim the lights down so that the line where the light stops at is just at the back seat of the car in front of you. This way you will not blind anyone. You can make adjustments over time from that starting point.

Nice thing about the retro hids is they dont have the light scattering and bleed over problems halogen setups have. It will be a defined line where the light simply stops at. So it makes aiming them a breeze.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Just go as low as you can, enough so you can still see good..... otherwise you will get flashed all the time.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
I hate getting flashed, unless she's good lookin.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Hmm...sounds like a good idea.

·
Supercharged
1,218 Posts
Just go as low as you can, enough so you can still see good..... otherwise you will get flashed all the time.
Or pulled over in Northern Cali pulling a trailer and told to stop at the next town and have some drinks by the officer....

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
I get flashed by everything. I have them in my fogs too. I have become acustomed to it though. Even got flashed by an eighteen wheeler the other night.

·
Lost Cause
896 Posts
I aimed them like normal. Park on level ground, 25' from a wall. Measure from the ground to the center of the headlamp (little nub) and then make a line 4" lower on the wall. When I aimed them, instead of having the center of the beam at the mark, I had the top of the beam there. So far no flashers.

·
Rollin' Coal
291 Posts
I get flashed but it's not my fault my truck sits higher than there little car. I also have some ebay cheapies in my fogs so that doesn't help the cause either.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I get flashed by everything. I have them in my fogs too. I have become acustomed to it though. Even got flashed by an eighteen wheeler the other night.
I am surprised you have not been pulled over for it...:pullover: LOL

I aimed them like normal. Park on level ground, 25' from a wall. Measure from the ground to the center of the headlamp (little nub) and then make a line 4" lower on the wall. When I aimed them, instead of having the center of the beam at the mark, I had the top of the beam there. So far no flashers.
I did something similar as well... 12.5" lift and so far no flashers...

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
I am surprised you have not been pulled over for it...:pullover: LOL

QUOTE]

Yeah me too...and I have met quite a few cops and troopers on the two lanes around my house. I have to ride about 5 miles on one to get to town. I had them angled lower but i felt like i could see just as good as my old bulbs and i wasn't getting what i should out of em so i said f it and adjusted them to my liking....:evil

hell i have had a few ppl pull over and let me by hahaha.. and i DONT ride peoples asses because i hate when ppl do it to me.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Ive talked to Todd at Retro, ive told him about PSN and that a lot of guys on here run his kits. I was trying to talk him into becoming a site sponser on here because anytime someone asks about HIDs most of the guys tell the guy asking to go Retro-Solutions.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts