Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new HID set up with everything for $15.00 never used but noticed when I got home theres only either high beam or low beam and question is whitch one to use? Does it matter if I use the high beam or low beam signal? I know Ill only have one beam but id like to use the low beam signal that way my driving lights will also be lit after I get the 6000k projector led bulbs to match.

·
Pissed in your Cheerios..
157 Posts
Where'd you pick up a set-up for $15???

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,488 Posts
Damn that's cheap use low beam that's how mine are setup never have to put my high beams on to be honest even out in the middle of nowhere on the darkest night.

·
157 Posts
:whs:

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never use high beam now as the lows are plenty with the stock bulbs lol. I grabbed them off a friend as he needed help installing a rear in his 06 so an hr of work and $15 bucks lol. He was going to put them in his but going a different route now and Im going to go with the harley lights in my 02 and they take the same bulb as what HID kit he had so it worked out good.

·
157 Posts
Awesome! Yeah my buddy bought Harley's and thought it was he same bulb as his 01 and it turns out they were different so I got 6000k's for free.

·
157 Posts
Hell yeah man.

·
157 Posts
Hahaha

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now im huntin for a grill as a damn ring neck took the center out of mine about 5 hrs ago lol...it never ends

·
157 Posts
I have a chrome and grey one.

·
Registered
406 Posts
what kit did you buy bob it should have come with a relay that takes the high beam signal and puts it in the the light to move it in or out

·
Registered
406 Posts
ok to answer your question you should probably use the low beam signal as the high beam also runs at a lower voltage for drl not sure if you have them in your state or even if your truck has them but that would be the only differnece not sure how well the ballast would deal with the lower voltage on the drl circut

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya we have daytime running lights but its not a law here in p.a. YET so I just pull the fuse as I never did like them much.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts