Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is my question. I have been reading on HID's and i think im gunna go with retro solutions because of the price... and wanted to know where i can buy projection lights that will work with the bulbs. I have a 2002 f350. I know i can put the bulbs strait into my halogen fixtures... but if im gunna do it i want to do it right. I have seen carrys and they seem great but im looking for a cheaper option.. and help is greatly appreciated. And also for you with the retro solutions in a halogen fixture that went to a projection fixture is it worth the money? Thanks, Vince

·
Registered
772 Posts
You could get some eagle eyes or oem harleys and its supposed to cut down on scattering. Im using eagle eyes, working fine so far. Unless you can build it yourself, Cary is the only way to go right now.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You can always do the retro yourself. It's not a terribly difficult process....just a bit time consuming (waiting for the epoxy to fully cure). I just checked the retro solutions website, and they do offer projectors that you can retrofit into your headlights. However, they appear do be out of stock on most of the projectors.

I opted to go with a different company ( http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php ) when I did my retro. I can say that the customer service was great. The relay in my first harness was bad, they shipped one out next day free of charge. They are also very knowledgeable, so give them a call (or email, but that takes a bit to hear back) and tell them what you're looking to do.

If you're not looking to do the retrofit yourself, sadly you're looking at spending a good amount of money. I spent some time trying to find a retrofitter at a decent price, but had no luck. That's why I ended up doing it myself.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.. i think im just going to get the 55w digital kit and see if im happy from there. What bulb do i need for the stock headlight housing?

·
Registered
78 Posts
You're going to end up blinding most oncoming drivers. The stock headlight housing wasn't designed for a HID bulb. If you compare a halogen bulb and HID, you will see some really big differences.

·
Here for the Ride!
494 Posts
You're going to end up blinding most oncoming drivers. The stock headlight housing wasn't designed for a HID bulb. If you compare a halogen bulb and HID, you will see some really big differences.
That's not true. I run 6000k HIDs in my stock housings and I haven't been flashed once since I have had them. To answer your question about which bulb it is a 9007. If you contact retro solutions they will set you up with exactly what you need and have A+ customer service! Some of the best money I've spent on my truck

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Here for the Ride!
494 Posts
Here is a link that will better describe what I was trying to say.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html
That's also talking about cheap eBay special china HIDs. You get what you pay for with those. Retro solutions has a lifetime warranty on their digital brand lights so even if something does happen you can get them replaced for free. Plus it's not like your cutting any wires to where you can't go back to halogen or later upgrade to some aftermarket projector lights if ya wanted. My point is, is that HIDs aren't a waste of money in stock housings. They are still superior to halogen even if the light is scattered.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
83 Posts
the light really doesn't scatter all that much with hid's in stock housings. i could see it scatter more if you don't have caps over the ends..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts