·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kit would I need for my 1997 F250? Looking at the 55w kits.. Thanks

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
are all your kits hi/lo beam? i was looking at ordering the slim 55w 9007 but didnt see anywhere saying yes or no
Wherever you see bixenon, that for us means real bixenon bulbs, functional for low and high beams.
We do suggest the regular size ballast kits for the F series trucks over the slim.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the quick reply!

·
green bastard
41 Posts
I wish I was on this site awhie ago. I bought some other brand I just got them hooked up and well... They worked normal for a bit. I saw a tiny difference in high and low. Then I turned on the key and the lights turned on. No high or low, just on. I have daytime running lights but keep the e brake on one click so they are off. But still the hids turn on. I came here looking for possible answers but only found this. I was hoping something popped in youre head on what to look for. The kit looks the same as youres and can tell you the name if you want. I have talked to them and they are in cali but hardly speak english (engrish) and not much help.

PS,I know its a older thread.I searched and this looked like my best bet for some help.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I wish I was on this site awhie ago. I bought some other brand I just got them hooked up and well... They worked normal for a bit. I saw a tiny difference in high and low. Then I turned on the key and the lights turned on. No high or low, just on. I have daytime running lights but keep the e brake on one click so they are off. But still the hids turn on. I came here looking for possible answers but only found this. I was hoping something popped in youre head on what to look for. The kit looks the same as youres and can tell you the name if you want. I have talked to them and they are in cali but hardly speak english (engrish) and not much help.

PS,I know its a older thread.I searched and this looked like my best bet for some help.
Are you in Canada possibly?

·
green bastard
41 Posts
Nope but, my p/u is a canda truck. I figured out I need to splice both factory plugs together. Then plug into the new harness from that. I cant leave the one plug open.

Ps, thanks for the quick responce and I wish I would of bought from you but will be sending friends to you.

·
green bastard
41 Posts
Well, nope. Still the same thing. Wow, 6 hours into changing headlights. I am bout ready to buy yours too. Will youres do the same thing? Whats the difference?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Nope but, my p/u is a canda truck. I figured out I need to splice both factory plugs together. Then plug into the new harness from that. I cant leave the one plug open.

Ps, thanks for the quick responce and I wish I would of bought from you but will be sending friends to you.
Don't do that, no need for it. It doesn't look like I caught you in time though.

What model year is it please?

·
green bastard
41 Posts
95 f250 4x4 ext cab auto. Now the high beam light half lights up and I cant go between lo and high. They are on. When I first start it they are off but, flash the hi's or turn them on and they are on w/half glowing indicator. I can't turn them off. I am sorry to take so much of youre time.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
95 f250 4x4 ext cab auto. Now the high beam light half lights up and I cant go between lo and high. They are on. When I first start it they are off but, flash the hi's or turn them on and they are on w/half glowing indicator. I can't turn them off. I am sorry to take so much of youre time.
You have bixenon (bulbs that move) or some bulb with a low beam HID and high beam halogen bulb piggy backed to it?
1) I don't think it is set up correctly for your truck
2) we have to know which type of kit we are working with to see if #1 is possible
3) depending on 1 and 2 you may be better off going with something different

·
green bastard
41 Posts
My kit is a 35 watt, hi lo. Balasts say xenon bulbs. The pattern is what changes. No halogen piggy back. Yup, got it working but realy not too happy. Dont get me wrong, they are better and brighter. I will buy a new one from you whn I can afford it. My source of income has been down all week, bad head gasket, etched liner. Then come to find out rods and mains are toast. Yup $3500-$4000. My extra funds are gone. One of my buddies has already emailed you. New dodge, wanting lights and fogs. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
My kit is a 35 watt, hi lo. Balasts say xenon bulbs. The pattern is what changes. No halogen piggy back. Yup, got it working but realy not too happy. Dont get me wrong, they are better and brighter. I will buy a new one from you whn I can afford it. My source of income has been down all week, bad head gasket, etched liner. Then come to find out rods and mains are toast. Yup $3500-$4000. My extra funds are gone. One of my buddies has already emailed you. New dodge, wanting lights and fogs. Thanks for all the help.
Ouch man, sorry to hear, that's some rough going.
So what did you end up doing that seemed to fix things for you?
Thanks for the referral though, its appreciated!

·
green bastard
41 Posts
I found and unplugged the daytime running light module. Its on the driver side behind the bumper below the headlight. They have two versions one with and one without the day time lights.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts