Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will they work or is buying just the HID kit a waste and will I still get shattered light using HID in the stock head lights? Also can i keep my high and lows?

Thanks

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
The retro solutions kit in my sig is a high/low beam kit. Also its plug and play. Nothing to it.

As for stock housings thats what Ive got on my truck but mines the newer body style. Cant see any problem using the stock housings though.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Its illegal to use a Hid in a non Hid designed housing as you will get light scater. This is why NO manufactor will sell retrofit kits. resellers yes. That said thousands do use them. I perfer to use-sell Hella bulbs and a USA 12ga harness..no light scatter as even though the bulbs are over wattage they don't cause light scatter and don't attract the wrong attention.

·
Registered
492 Posts
The high/low kits are basically useless . I have one on my truck and you can barely tell any differance . Mine are actually brighter on dim . All they do is move back and forth in the housing , they dont get any brighter . If i had known this I would not have done it

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Well Im not sure what kit you have but mine is the same brightness high or low it just changes where the lights are aimed.

As for why they work that way its because two hids wouldnt fit in one hole and because it takes time for the hids to reach full brightness when first turned on.

Shortycrew if you want a break down on hids vs non hids feel free to pm me for facts on them.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yeah thats the way mine are . On high it just scatters more , so it looks dimmer . Mine are in an OBS to so it might make a differance

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just want something brighter then stock, I have them so I guess I can try them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts