Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to go the hi/lo mod but can't find the link anymore! All the ones I do find are outdated and their pics don't work! Can someone direct me to a link for this mod to keep high beams on with low? I have recon headlights with a projector for low (35w hid) and reflector for high (non hid)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was a mod that involved a bit of wiring to do on your own with diodes but I can't find it... Anyone know where to find it? I can wire it no problem if told the correct diode and placement.... I'm great with wiring just not electronic type stuff with diodes and etc

·
Freak'n know it all
3,004 Posts
IMHO it SUX... the low beams being on reduce your night vision and make it harder to see distance

My BMW keeps the lows on with the highs and I'm actually thinking of changing it... PITA tho because I have to make it switch em to a dummy load or the computer will start telling me that I have bulbs out.

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
I had my headlights so that the lows stayed on with the highs then one night the connector overheated and shorted out. Nearly pooped my pants loosing my headlights on a narrow winding mountain highway.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In my application I'm just doing it for aesthetics... My high beams are useless compared to my lows which are hid. But the design of the recon lights with a separate projector for low and reflector for high would look better with both illuminated.... Obviously I would aim the highs so they don't affect oncoming traffic I just want all 4 lights to be on for looks... I have MORE than enough illumination with my low beams

·
Registered
94 Posts
Get a led bulb they are h1's and wire it to a running light. Runing both can cause issues from the heat 55 watt bulbs get hot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts