Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm new to the forum. Kind of new to a 01 7.3. It's been fixed by ford for my bank account and blew up again a day later. Not doing that again. It's been sitting for 3 months but in the next few day I'll be in a position to begin working on it myself with some help from past and present members YouTube and the rest of the web I'm sure I can get it going again and hopefully keep it going.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Welcome to PSN from Utah.

·
Premium Member
99 & 00, F350s, manual and auto, Ext & Crew Cab, 4x2 & 4x4, need more room!
3,480 Posts
Welcome to PSN from transplanted San Antonian in Arizona!

I have a 99 and 00, so I am sure the PSN folk can help you. They helped me rebuild a basket case (literally!) when I had not seen a civilian diesel, and certainly not a Ford 7.3, before.

1. Get FORScan scanning software for Fords (free) and an OBDII reader (~$40). Greatest troubleshooting tool ever!

2. DO NOT throw parts at it . . . if you must, then make them Motorcraft parts. Ford diesels are quite particular about their sensors.

3. Come back with the codes. Lots and lots of smart people here!

·
Premium Member
99 & 00, F350s, manual and auto, Ext & Crew Cab, 4x2 & 4x4, need more room!
3,480 Posts
Hello all. I'm new to the forum. Kind of new to a 01 7.3. It's been fixed by ford for my bank account and blew up again a day later. Not doing that again. It's been sitting for 3 months but in the next few day I'll be in a position to begin working on it myself with some help from past and present members YouTube and the rest of the web I'm sure I can get it going again and hopefully keep it going.
How many miles?
What transmission?
4x4 or 4x2?
What did Ford do to it?
The more info, the better!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts