Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok yall heres the deal. me and the wife are thinkin bout moving to TX sometime next year. niether of us have lived there before so we dont know where to start lookin.
We are looking for an area that is not in the big city but close enough to drive in for an afternoon or whatever. the big thing is we hate the cramped areas where you are always on top of your neighbor.
Also, low on the incompitant people meter too!!!!!!!!!

Any suggestions welcome

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
College Station you have Houston and Waco right down the road and good schools. Pluss there are some really nice neighborhoods here. Its like liveing in a small town with the benifits of a big town.

or

Any where around the San Antonio area is beautifull.

·
Can a 1 ton do a wheelie?
261 Posts
1)Sherman, Texas just north of Dallas
2)Round Rock, Texas just north of Austin
3)Lubbock
4)Amorillo
5)Waco
6)Temple it is about 30 mile east of Ft hood

·
Registered
544 Posts
It may also help knowing what you like to do for fun as well as what you want to do for work.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Hill country...hands down. Kerrville, Comfort, Boerne, Bulverde...etc
:whs: The Hill Country is where its at... :bowfast:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Most areas North of Dallas are good. McKinney, Frisco, and as mentioned Sherman...etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i live in cypress which is NW Houston. Great side of town and i am 20 minutes from downtown Houston. The country and city come together where i am. My other favorite place is the east Texas towns of lufkin and Nac.

·
Registered
372 Posts
If you don't mind the wind & bland scenery, Amarillo is really nice. Economy's good, cost of living is low, & people are great. Bell helicopter is expanding; health care & school system also have good employment opportunities. Housing is reasonable.

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It may also help knowing what you like to do for fun as well as what you want to do for work.
We are both pretty easy goin people. Love to have fun but at the same tiime maxin and relaxing too. One of our biggest pet peeves is the "thugs" to put it nice.
Im gonna be in the law enforcement (state then federal hopefully) field and my wife's in the biology field (although the still isnt sure what exactly she wants to do). Of course we want a nice area since we are planning on tryin to start a family soon, but i dont want an area crawling with kids.

.....Thanks for all the replies already guys. any ideas are welcome since yall know the area and i dont

·
Don't judge me...
522 Posts
Longview, Tyler, most everywhere in east Texas. Except Marshall. I wouldn't live there

·
6.0 money pit
3,107 Posts
We are both pretty easy goin people. Love to have fun but at the same tiime maxin and relaxing too. One of our biggest pet peeves is the "thugs" to put it nice.
Im gonna be in the law enforcement (state then federal hopefully) field and my wife's in the biology field (although the still isnt sure what exactly she wants to do). Of course we want a nice area since we are planning on tryin to start a family soon, but i dont want an area crawling with kids.

.....Thanks for all the replies already guys. any ideas are welcome since yall know the area and i dont
boerne sounds like THE spot for you,

next inline would be new braunfels, bulverde, spring branch

all out of the "big" city with no more than a 15-20 minute drive to san antonio.

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
boerne sounds like THE spot for you,

next inline would be new braunfels, bulverde, spring branch

all out of the "big" city with no more than a 15-20 minute drive to san antonio.
I agree with this :whs:
:D The hill country is where it's at!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hill country...hands down. Kerrville, Comfort, Boerne, Bulverde...etc
Another vote for that hill country, been in most parts of Texas and lived in Rio medina nothing beats the hill country.

·
WHAT???
1,833 Posts
I've been all over texas and the hill country would be the only place I would consider living. I'm working in west texas now, near lubbock and absolutely hate it! Wind blows all the time, dust storms are regular, it sucks

·
THE ONE AND ONLY!
2,736 Posts
It really depends on what ya looking for and needing...

Hill Country is nice, but Jobs are hard to find...(depending on what yall do or if ya need jobs)

Anything North of Dallas all the way to Oklahoma border is good, still plenty of land out here ;)

Again, just depends on what ya need...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts