Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that brought us DPF's and encrypted pcm's.
Copied from CompD

Dear Distributor/Dealer:

Earlier this week we received the following message/letter (below in bold) from Russ Deane, General Legal Counsel for SEMA. We believe this message has important information that may pertain to your business so we are passing it along for your benefit. Furthermore, many of our dealers have asked us about our point of view on this issue. In July of 2011 we issued a letter stating our position on this matter. We have attached the July letter to this message for your reference. If you have any questions regarding this matter please contact your sales representative or our customer service teams.

We appreciate your business and hope to see at the SEMA show in November!

Dear SEMA Member:

We have recently learned that CARB and EPA are planning significant enforcement action against companies that make, distribute or install tuning products for late-model (2007 MY and newer) diesel trucks that are equipped with diesel particulate filters (DPF) if such tuning products offer any of the following features: (1) the ability to re-tune/re-program the truck to operate while the DPF is removed; (2) the ability to turn off urea (exhaust fluid) injection; and/or (3) the ability to defeat, disable or turn off any other required emissions control system on a late-model diesel truck. Products with these features cannot be legally sold for on-highway usage. If you make, sell or install products with these features and they are sold strictly for legal racing use you must be able to make assurances to these regulatory agencies that these products are NOT being used on the street on registered vehicles. If you cannot make those assurances we encourage you to carefully consider your business practices so as to avoid possible penalties.

SEMA is very interested in protecting you and your future and we hope you’ll find this information valuable. If you have any questions please contact Jim McFarland, Consultant for SEMA, regarding compliance with these regulatory agencies.

Sincerely

John Russell Deane, III

SEMA General Counsel

·
blame the dog..
1,945 Posts
Meanwhile, there's a 30 page thread started by some douche bragging about how he mosquito-fogged a kid on a bike..

judas priest on a BIKE this site's gone to hell.....

·
Strokin since '94
474 Posts
Meanwhile, there's a 30 page thread started by some douche bragging about how he mosquito-fogged a kid on a bike..

judas priest on a BIKE this site's gone to hell.....
I took an hour of my life to read that one ^^

·
Certified Engine Destroye
533 Posts
And the diesel parts cartel begins.

:gun:

·
IDI nooby
111 Posts
Im pretty sure the epa has been trying to screw over the diesel world way before douches just started smokin people out.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
That blows. I am really getting tired of the epa.

·
really?!?
129 Posts
Police yourself, or someone will do it for you.:mad:

Personally, I can't stand it when someone thinks they're driving a pulling truck on the highway

EMPTY:lame:

Even if you're loaded heavy, spend a little time,money maybe, dial it in!
If I guy can run 11.xx on the track at a lite haze, I'll bet your stockish POS can do the same.
Pretty sure it did from the factory, pretty sure wherever you bought your performance parts from can help you get a little cleaner horsepowa.

Aimed at noone in particular

1 - 9 of 9 Posts