Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
<---- sold
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok a few of you know my buddy Nate broke down in wyoming and was stranded with his horse trailer. He has a 08 f450 4x4 Loaded. He is thinking about trading the truck in for something else but wants to know if he could lemon law it or magnauson moss warranty act it. His old lady is pissed and wants a diff truck NOW! He called me this morning and was stressed out cause he doesnt know what to do. He is only 21 and doesnt know much about truck "paper work" stuff. Im only 24 and I dont really know much either. He has gone through two transmissions, one radiator, HPFP, and all his dash lights, wippers quit working while it was dark and raining. All of these problems has happend over a 2 year period and the truck only has 24k on the clock. I tried to read up on the warranty act and lemon law but its all just a bunch of mumbo jumbo to this dumb horse trainer. I told him that I thought for ford to buy it back it all had to happen over a one year period and be in the shop for a total of 100 days. I also told him that I thought it had to be in the shop for more than three times for one single problem that they could not get fixed. He is a good friend of mine and I want to help him out as much as I can. If any of you guys know alil bit about this can you guys let me know. Its weird about these fords its either they are perfect and dont ever brake of a total POS. My 250 has been great (other then a radiator) and I drive the piss out of it but my 350 broke down ALOT.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
id tell him to be patient..... do research, its under warranty ride it out till the 6.7 is out and trade

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Is he at the dealer here in Cheyenne? If he is the dealer is going to be NO help as far as lemon law ect. What he really needs to do is talk to a lawyer, thats his best bet to get the ball rolling, I will see what i can find out tomorrow for you though. If he needs anything while he is here just let me know.

·
<---- sold
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is he at the dealer here in Cheyenne? If he is the dealer is going to be NO help as far as lemon law ect. What he really needs to do is talk to a lawyer, thats his best bet to get the ball rolling, I will see what i can find out tomorrow for you though. If he needs anything while he is here just let me know.
He is back home now but just trying to figure out what to do. I looked online for Oklahoma based attorneys but couldn't find anyone who specialized in lemon law or automotive warranty claims. One of my clients suggested I call the DA and just ask what to do so I gave him the number and im gona let him handle that. I dont think the state of oklahoma has a lemon law but but the magnuson moss deal might work. Thanks for the offer too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts