Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been lurking around for a while. I have an 06 F250 extended cab, short bed. Leveled with nitto terra grapplers, S&B CAI and sinister EGR delete. Had to put the cat and muffler back on due to a very cocky state trooper. Thats coming back off as soon as brian (cant remember his screen name) and I can get under the truck. Anywyas as for some history for me. I was a very religious Cummins guy for a long time. built 2 12valves and been working on them for a long time. Well got tired of onld rattly Cummins oil burners and bought this truck. All I can say is DAYM this is a way nicer ride and more comfortable truck then any dodge i have owned. I was skepticle of the 6.0 but at 150xxx miles im pretty sure it will be a good motor for a long time. Although a week after i bought it i had to put a new turbo on it but ah well. Anyways thats about it for me. And for the truck i dont really have any plans besides whats done and the muffler cat removal again. It the DD tow rig for my play toy. Kinda thinking about gauges or the edge insite. Anybody use the edge insite? I have heard it is easy to install and works quite well.

Josh

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
welcome, where in VA? gotta come to our meet in richmond on Oct 08...is brian's screen name Heavy Assault?

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Welcome to the Nation man.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
welcome from Hampton/Afghanistan lol...glad to see you converted....although when my 7.3 FINALLY dies I'm droppin in one of those ole' rattly cummins oil burners LOL...the 6.0's are great motors if they're taken care of. welcome to a wealth of knowledgeable guys

and yes Sniper( sorry I don't remember your name from Rudys ) you're looking for Brian it's Heavy Assault...wish I could be there for the meeting...we definitely will be having one after New Years for a coming home party...

Chad

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
welcome from Hampton/Afghanistan lol...glad to see you converted....although when my 7.3 FINALLY dies I'm droppin in one of those ole' rattly cummins oil burners LOL...the 6.0's are great motors if they're taken care of. welcome to a wealth of knowledgeable guys

and yes Sniper( sorry I don't remember your name from Rudys ) you're looking for Brian it's Heavy Assault...wish I could be there for the meeting...we definitely will be having one after New Years for a coming home party...

Chad
Sniper is john.

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
JEEZ.......the next GTG requirement will be name tags for EVERYONE.

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
^ yeah we are tryin for oct 8 at richmond international speedways 1/4 mile. Theres a thread in the regional forum

·
Registered
551 Posts
Welcome aboard Josh. Look forward to the next GTG and getting a chance to meet you.

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
Careful there...you work near train tracks and I'm sure Jon has some shooting skills.
Thanks Brian that thought had crossed my mind...
I have some shooting skills too lol.

My XDM .45 might be up for sale soon. Found another one i want.
You know kyle i think either my 5.56mm or 30-06 can shoot just a little bit further than your pewney .45! (insert M2 smiley from PSA here)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have some shooting skills too lol.

My XDM .45 might be up for sale soon. Found another one i want.
what would you want for the xdm if you sold it how many rounds through it and what kinda shape is it in.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Thanks Brian that thought had crossed my mind...

You know kyle i think either my 5.56mm or 30-06 can shoot just a little bit further than your pewney .45! (insert M2 smiley from PSA here)
Pretty sure the .270 or .300 WSM will reach out a little more.

Ill just go to Dave's house, ill give him his BatMoWheel for free in exchange for protection. :bowfast:

what would you want for the xdm if you sold it how many rounds through it and what kinda shape is it in.
Ill have to think about it, its has about 40 rounds through it. All original gear, its in mint condition. The one i mega wanted just came out and i have to see if i can afford to buy it if i sell mine.

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
300 would be about the same, 270s are for girls...and dave wouldnt protect you hes military too...we stick together

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
300 would be about the same, 270s are for girls...and dave wouldnt protect you hes military too...we stick together
.270 would stay flatter than that 30-06, especially about 600 yards and farther. Didnt they say 30-06 werent allowed at the Quantico range anymore because you never know where they are going to go ? Id rather use the .308 than a 30-06 unless its a Springfield M1A loaded.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts