Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 SUPER DUTY F-SERIES AND EXCURSION EQUIPPED WITH 6.0L ENGINE - ENHANCED PCM CALIBRATIONS

SOME 2003 SUPER DUTY F-SERIES AND EXCURSION VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A 6.0L POWERSTROKE ENGINE MAY EXHIBIT A LOW POWER CONDITION WHICH CLEARS BY CYCLING THE IGNITION SWITCH AND/OR A FALSE ENGINE COOLING FAN P0528 DTC. ADDITIONALLY, SOME 2003 SUPER DUTY F-SERIES AND EXCURSION VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A 6.0L POWERSTROKE AND TORQSHIFT TRANSMISSION MAY EXHIBIT NO/SLOW PEDAL RESPONSE WHEN ENGAGING THE TRANSMISSION INTO GEAR. ENHANCED PCM CALIBRATIONS ARE AVAILABLE TO ADDRESS THESE CONDITIONS. CALIBRATION UPDATES ARE AVAILABLE ON WDS VERSION 24.11 OR LATER. ALL PRIOR CALIBRATION LEVELS MAY BE UPDATED.

I came across this today. It's old, and I forgot about it. But I remembered your issue. Get some tunes based off later PCM strategies. Like say a nice TEC5. And let it rip.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Wow!!! My 03 does this. On the dyno it would do 420 then next pull 340 turn the key off and on and it would go back to 420.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Doug was that an 03 only TSB? My 06 acts like that once in a while

·
Registered
83 Posts
So what update is it? Is it a stategy or something else Mine kinda acts like that sometimes like i has ok power but then some times it has awsome power. Is it somethimng I can read and find out if mine has the update? Thanks

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine has stopped doing it from TEC5 up. I am a TEC7 now.
And I have the MAF table for aftermarket air intakes. Well specifically for AirAid intakes. It was put on a machine that maps MAF voltage with different air intakes in front of it. And wouldn't you know it. The Airaid flows more than stock.

So if you want a TEC6 or TEC7 truck to actually complete the turbo learn mode and not sit there and idle surge anymore....

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
And I have the MAF table for aftermarket air intakes. Well specifically for AirAid intakes. It was put on a machine that maps MAF voltage with different air intakes in front of it. And wouldn't you know it. The Airaid flows more than stock.
better not let heavyassault see that...:mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts