Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
8,176 Posts
Also bill Hewitt is a boob. Some of his stuff is ok. But most is crazy and irrelevant. Most of it is just a sales pitch to buy his crap.

Do not waste your money or time on his "fuel mods". Start watching diesel tech ron instead.

·
I am a meat popsicle
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The oil that came out of my HPOP reservoir was used oil that IMO needed to be replaced with new oil. I think changing all the used oil is better than changing only 85%. Especially when you consider that my injectors were making alot of noise.

I don't need to look at my oil if the noise went away after my first oil change. I'm using Rotella T6. I'm glad your truck didn't have injector noise, but mine did. When I bought the truck it had approx. 2000 miles on the previous oil change and the injectors were very noisy and now after my oil, filter and HPOP oil change, they are no longer noisy after more than 2000 miles.

I can't say for sure that changing the HPOP oil will extend the life of anything in my motor, but it certainly didn't hurt in this case. I'm gonna continue to change the HPOP oil and continue to feel good about it doing it.

·
Native Texan
9,024 Posts
The oil that came out of my HPOP reservoir was used oil that IMO needed to be replaced with new oil. I think changing all the used oil is better than changing only 85%. Especially when you consider that my injectors were making alot of noise.

I don't need to look at my oil if the noise went away after my first oil change. I'm using Rotella T6. I'm glad your truck didn't have injector noise, but mine did. When I bought the truck it had approx. 2000 miles on the previous oil change and the injectors were very noisy and now after my oil, filter and HPOP oil change, they are no longer noisy after more than 2000 miles.

I can't say for sure that changing the HPOP oil will extend the life of anything in my motor, but it certainly didn't hurt in this case. I'm gonna continue to change the HPOP oil and continue to feel good about it doing it.
The only problem is for the work its such a small amount of oil in res. Most of the oil that still in your system is in the rail there's a good amount of oil in the two rails compared to the small amount in res. My trucks got 349500 on it and never had res drained until I replace the Hpop.

·
I am a meat popsicle
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Got my $20 rebate check from Rotella in less than 2 weeks. :rockwoot: Save your receipts and go to rotell.shell dot com if you like free money!

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Rotella :puke

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

21 - 27 of 27 Posts