Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an edge evolution for my truck. When i program it to any level if i hit the gas it feels like it bogs down and wont go. I have to slowly ease into the gas. It gets worse in the higher levels. Im not sure if the 10K mod or the BB mod have anything to do with this? any help appreciated

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Honestly the best way to fix it would be to ditch the edge. They're more infamous than famous around here.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
try taking the 10k mod out first if it still does it then remove the BB mod.

the edge is basically canned tunes and is thinking your truck is stock with nothing done to it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know i would like to but i just dropped 350 on it and i want to try to get it to work right. Im hoping to get a 6 position chip someday

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
chips are alot better, they can change programs on the fly....well not at wot.

the edge will come in handy and can help ya grow, and it can read and clear codes which is a very handy thing.

If Im not mistaken that edge evo can be programmed with custom tunes by powerhungry performance.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Glad you got it working. I was going to suggest that we see this more frequently now with the older trucks due to HPO problems. By taking the 10K resistor out, you made the HPOP work a little less hard.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Leave the BB mod in!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts