Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last October I got my BTS 4r100 tranny after having horrible luck with a local tranny builder that wouldn't stand behind his work, or keep to his word. This tranny shop absolutely sucked the life out of me ( and about $6,000) with all the problems I had, so I finally threw in the towel and bought a BTS.

Brian and the rest of the crew at BTS were awesome to do work with, and such a breath of fresh air compared to the shop I had been working with in the past. BTS's customer service was fantastic, and I felt like I was dealing with a tranny shop that ACTUALLY cared about the transmissions they were building, and they ACTUALLY cared about the customers that were spending money with them. I was totally 100% satisfied (and still am).

Had the tranny in my truck for about 10 months, drag raced it about 10 times, plowed snow all winter long, did a million burnouts/ fishtails... overall drove it pretty hard on the street. Still no complaints, the tranny has been 100% perfect the entire time, performed flawlessly.

Friday July 30th I was coming off the highway, coasting around 30-35 mph on the off ramp and when I went to accelerate again, I lost all forward gears and reverse. The truck had Park and 5 Neutrals. I have no idea what happened. Checked the fluid, all was fine, so I got it towed to my shop.

Talked to Brian that Monday when his shop opened and he had me check a few obvious things like the TC and the input shaft, and all checked out fine. Neither of us really had any idea what happened at this point.

BTS is in Arkansas, I'm in Massachusetts (1,500 Miles)... Distance and down time was going to be my biggest problem with getting my tranny checked out and fixed. With that in mind, Brian then offered to build me a brand new tranny and ship it up to me with a brand new TC and 5gal of Schaeffer's ATF for no cost. I didn't have to spend a dollar, and the tranny only took 3 days to get delivered!

Now that is service!

I'm back on the road again, the new tranny shifts perfectly and I'm sending the old one back to him for him to take apart and see what happened. I think both him and I will be very curious to see what happened with it, because there is no way I'm making the kind of power it takes to "break" a BTS.

I just wanted to share this story with everyone that was on the fence about what tranny builder to go with. After reading this hopefully the decision is clear. The customer service and awesome product is worth every dollar you spend on a BTS transmission, and if or when something happens, you know you'll be backed up 100% by the guy who built the tranny.

Sincerely,
One very satisfied customer.

BTS rocks!

·
This We'll Defend
1,549 Posts
That is really good customer service. Its hard to find places like that.
Those who do provide service like that are one in a million. If I ever need to replace my tranny, I what its going to be. Stories like this abound about BTS and their services.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Good story. You should write up a letter to them along these lines.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
That's awesome! :rockwoot:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Makes me want one even more

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Thats amazing

·
ohh bee ess
50 Posts
I just returned home from the BTS shop (just under 2500 mile round trip)...worth the drive and worth every dollar spent ! They really are a one in a million shop. We worked on my truck until 9pm, he would have stayed all night if he had to knowing we had to be back on the road that same night. 10,000 sq. ft. super clean and organized shop...they even have a huge "waiting room" with two couches to sit/sleep on since he gets so many customers that do the long haul to Lead Hill for trans and other work. Sure, I could have had a tranny shipped to PA, but I decided to make a fun road trip out of it. I sold one of my motorcycles and trucked it to St. Louis MO where I met the buyer for the transaction (he drove up 5 hrs. from Nashville TN) . Stayed in St. Louis for a day and a half, ate some kick ass BBQ, saw some sights, then drove 5 hrs. down to AR. When I left BTS, I drove 21 hrs. straight back to PA...I guess the trans is heat cycled and broken in LOL! My truck has never run and shifted this good !! He gets an A+++ and my recommendation to everybody. Thank you Brian, Patty, Albert, Tina, Cale, etc. !!:ford:

·
R.I.P PSN
1,146 Posts
man this is making me want one so bad. ive talked to them a few times with just some questions about the stock trans in my truck and they havent hesitated to answer a question. that is trully A++ customer service. you dont get that with many companys thats for dang sure.

·
<----Nice headlights!!!
1,868 Posts
Thats truly exceptional! Im gonna start saving for one...I wanna do that before I throw serious power at it...

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
Unfortunately, i'm one of the retards that actually talked to them a few times and still decided to go local. I know my story will be nothing like this when my takes a sh!t.

I'm disappointed with myself:doh:

BTW: Great story, makes me jealous

·
<---- my shop
1,297 Posts
Last October I got my BTS 4r100 tranny after having horrible luck with a local tranny builder that wouldn't stand behind his work, or keep to his word. This tranny shop absolutely sucked the life out of me ( and about $6,000) with all the problems I had, so I finally threw in the towel and bought a BTS.

Brian and the rest of the crew at BTS were awesome to do work with, and such a breath of fresh air compared to the shop I had been working with in the past. BTS's customer service was fantastic, and I felt like I was dealing with a tranny shop that ACTUALLY cared about the transmissions they were building, and they ACTUALLY cared about the customers that were spending money with them. I was totally 100% satisfied (and still am).

Had the tranny in my truck for about 10 months, drag raced it about 10 times, plowed snow all winter long, did a million burnouts/ fishtails... overall drove it pretty hard on the street. Still no complaints, the tranny has been 100% perfect the entire time, performed flawlessly.

Friday July 30th I was coming off the highway, coasting around 30-35 mph on the off ramp and when I went to accelerate again, I lost all forward gears and reverse. The truck had Park and 5 Neutrals. I have no idea what happened. Checked the fluid, all was fine, so I got it towed to my shop.

Talked to Brian that Monday when his shop opened and he had me check a few obvious things like the TC and the input shaft, and all checked out fine. Neither of us really had any idea what happened at this point.

BTS is in Arkansas, I'm in Massachusetts (1,500 Miles)... Distance and down time was going to be my biggest problem with getting my tranny checked out and fixed. With that in mind, Brian then offered to build me a brand new tranny and ship it up to me with a brand new TC and 5gal of Schaeffer's ATF for no cost. I didn't have to spend a dollar, and the tranny only took 3 days to get delivered!

Now that is service!

I'm back on the road again, the new tranny shifts perfectly and I'm sending the old one back to him for him to take apart and see what happened. I think both him and I will be very curious to see what happened with it, because there is no way I'm making the kind of power it takes to "break" a BTS.

I just wanted to share this story with everyone that was on the fence about what tranny builder to go with. After reading this hopefully the decision is clear. The customer service and awesome product is worth every dollar you spend on a BTS transmission, and if or when something happens, you know you'll be backed up 100% by the guy who built the tranny.

Sincerely,
One very satisfied customer.

BTS rocks!

I have heard more than one time that they have done the exact same thing.. that is why on fri I took delivery of my bts trans. Knowing that brian stands behind his work 100% is what made that decision very easy to make

·
Registered
114 Posts
I can't wait, I have a build date from Brian of Sept. 20th!!!

·
Team Shade-Tree Mechanic
635 Posts
Does he build ZF5 transmissions?

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
When I got mine I still had my stage IIs and I beat on it and remember him just looking at me when I left and he shook my hand and said have fun with that trans in yout truck, that thing should make a real quick truck with 5-600hp in front of my transmission. LOL I have beat on that thing and hard with and without those injectors and nothing, this thing has not flinched yet. I have towed with it and I have also snowplowed with it and I do beat the crap out of my truck. I am waiting for the mtoor to go before the trans ever misses a step.

·
Registered
926 Posts
dang man, i know BTS was BA and stood behind there work but dam, thats some serious service right there, if that doesnt sell someone to BTS then i have no idea what will..

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so PSDfan99 what happened to the one that broke?
Not sure quite yet. FedEx picked up the busted tranny yesterday so hopefully Brian will let me know within the next week or so.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
awesome write up Jake, and amazing customer service. I was still shocked when you told me you busted the BTS after all the other trans trouble, curious to see what happened, had to have been some fluke somehow.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts