Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to applying herculiner to my rockers and i must say im very pleased with the way it turned out :ford: Just needs some minor retapes in places and touch-ups:doh:

All finished up

Also slapped on some running lights along the bottom

Opinions please.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Tank I followed your tips to a 'T' except for wearing gloves. Boy do I wish I would have. I look of a different breed. I can tell this is gonna take a while to get off

·
just a welding fool.
1,097 Posts
when you have to re-coat it, spend the 15 bucks on a shutz gun and spray it. you get much more consistent coverage. might have to mask a little more, but it's well worth it. (the pic below i used gator grip, similar to herculiner, but no rubber chunks, that's the type of texture the shutz gun gives you)

·
Registered
332 Posts
the 2nd pic scared me! didnt realize the tape was still on. 3rd pic looks good.

anyone ever follow the flat edge and go up along the wheel well?

·
Registered
504 Posts
anyone ever follow the flat edge and go up along the wheel well?
There are a few on the site but a couple pics for comparison would be awesome. I'm getting ready to do the same on my white truck but can't decide on whether to go up to body line, body line and wheel wells, or just to the paint line.

BTW the truck looks great, what happended to the passengerside bedside? And where did you get the gun? Is it ran by a compressor? More info please!

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
Looks good. This is on my to-do list, hopefully this summer. Im tired of the tan that ford used to two tone it.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My bed has actual spray on rhinolining. Been in there for 8+ years. A few small chips in places and it's pretty faded but overall it's held up well.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Black looks good on the bottom of the white.
:whs: Black on the bottom actually seems to work with just about all the colors. Specially with that grey :drool:

How much herculiner did you end up doing for the whole job and how many coats?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I put on 2 coats. Tank said 3, but he also lives in the swamp lol. Two was plenty dark for me.

Bought the "kit" for 82.16 at Ace hardware. It's a good kit but the sanding pad lacks a little uummph. I just used an buffer with a sanding attachment.

2 coats down the entire side and under doors on both sides, used half a gallon.

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
I know there are a few brands like Herculiner out there. Which one is the best? And how much would you need to shoot the bed of the truck, Bumpers and rockers?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm sure most of them turn out about the same depending on the quality of prework you do.

One gallon covers a 6 ft bed. An 8 ft takes a gallon and a quart. So I would say at least 2 gallons.

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
So it would be safe to say for the 6ft bed and the rockers plus the bumpers like 3 gallons?

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Looks good. I really need to get the bed of my truck sprayed.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
looks good myles, glad i gave u an idea for lights when u sent you a pic of mine the other nite, did u use the same part number i gave you?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Anyone have pics of this on a Toreador Red SD?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
looks good myles, glad i gave u an idea for lights when u sent you a pic of mine the other nite, did u use the same part number i gave you?
no it wasn't. They didn't have any LEDs in stock so I just went with a regular red clearence light. I was gonna do amber but that's what everyone has so I did the red. They kinda look sweet with the herculining to. And are actually surprisingly bright at night

1 - 20 of 67 Posts