Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright im about ready to take the plunge on wheels. I have a newer F550 4X4 200' crew cab w/ custom 10' box an no lift( thats right no lift all fiberglass body panels). Would the combined wieght of a HEMMT wheel and an MPT be too much for my axles?

·
Registered
475 Posts
It depends on how new the 550 is. The only downside I see would be the front end. I am not sure what is used for a front axle on the 550 but if it's anything like my 450 I would say that you will be pushing it on the bearings. I can't imaging that you are doing to much highway with those so give it a shot but I bet the front axle is going to be your weak link.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its an 06 which has the Super 60 front end. I do trips to Hudson Bay Ontario, Nova Scotia, and some shorter South Dakota trips from Wisconsin. So yeah a road is trip is a minimun 4k round trip, at least to Nova Scotia once a year. I am in the planning for a trip to Belize but that wont be till next year.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Alright im about ready to take the plunge on wheels. I have a newer F550 4X4 200' crew cab w/ custom 10' box an no lift( thats right no lift all fiberglass body panels). Would the combined wieght of a HEMMT wheel and an MPT be too much for my axles?
What do you mean by MPT? A Multi Purpose Tire could range from 38" to 54".

What tire are you specifically looking at?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HEMTT only came with one size tire from my experience... Looks about 46-54"

Yup, the 46", i think ive concluded that the weight to use a HEMTT rim is just not worth saving the few bucks i would and will instead go with custom split rims instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts