Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K. I know this is a Ford site, but I have noticed quite a bit of dodge guys on here too. I have a friend with no internet access who has a 96 dodge diesel who is looking for a tuner with some sort of gauges or monitor in it. Anybody know where to find something like this. Perhaps one of our sponsors? I found something similar but only for the newer dodges. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
<--before leveler & block
852 Posts
I have worked on a 96 12v for a friend also who also wanted more powa. Dodges aren't like the obs fords. Dodge is 4 years behind ford in the computer controlled engine system or whatever u want to call it. Ur buddy is gonna have to turn wrenches for more power. U cannot chip a 96 cummins. He should be able to get gauges, intake and exhaust just like everyone else though

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Basically control how much fuel is delivered, more aggressive the plate, more fuel.

·
852 Posts
He can crank up the pre boost screw and that will give a little better acceleration. That is a very easy task to do also

·
Registered
95 Posts
Grind his own plate. Turn the throttle screw down and crank the torque screw in

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
K I'll let him know. Thanks again.

·
852 Posts
just pull the plate out, he dont need it in there. seriously.
That will work but there is a little ball on the end of the fuel lever in there that rolls along the fuel plate that will eventually fall out and then you will be looking for a new injection pump. I heard pulling the plate is the same as making a 0 plate profile

·
got fuel?
2,581 Posts
Friend blew his hg by taking the plate out also... 250k on motor tho.

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Friend blew his hg by taking the plate out also... 250k on motor tho.
So should probably have him modify the plate, not pull it out right?

·
852 Posts
Or just slide it forward

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that plate has alot of options it seems, I am curious to see it now.

·
852 Posts
Its all doing one basic thing though. That is to let the fuel arm move farther forward to let more fule into the engine. I either by grinding or sliding but only so much can be had with just sliding it. And grinding gives different amount of fuel at different rpm's. I heard that the stock grind on the plate that is jsut slid forward will yield higher egt's than a properly ground plate. Thats just what i read once

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
got any "definition" for a properly ground plate by chance?

·
852 Posts

·
852 Posts

·
852 Posts
Does that help ya? ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts