Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a friend in MD and his truck won't start and wanted to know if any one on the area had a scanner. Truck is cranking but won't fire. He offered to pay fuel. Name is Matt...Address is 5800 Clipper Lane Clarksville, MD 21029. His cell is 540-335-8010. Thanks

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
I had that problem awhile back...turned out to be the Fuel Injection Control Module. but thats just a guess, it could be as easy as a starter.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've told him both of those its just there can be soooo many different things. but he said the truck ran rough the past week (I think he said after 2500rpms) . So I was thinking FICM or maybe injectors.

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
Youre right there are a million possibilities. Sorry I cant be too much help for you buddy.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its ok. I told my friend to get it to the dealership which is only a mile away from his house i think. thats his best chance and closest scanner. thanks tho

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
How's he know he's gettin oil pressure? The factory guage is a joke sometimes you Just can't tell by watching it while cranking I know from expierence.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How's he know he's gettin oil pressure? The factory guage is a joke sometimes you Just can't tell by watching it while cranking I know from expierence.
thats why i said who know... hes takin to the dealership tmrw to get scanned i think

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
would have helped to know what year and motor and what not. for all we know it could be a 1983 ford ranger or a 06 nissan titan.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts