Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck will start fine the first start but after tht i can go start it again will crank forever and then once it finally starts it will rev up and down then eventually die then i need to start it agin and rev it for it to actually run. Anybody know what the problem could be?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea its wierd though cuz its been fine last few weeks thn all of the sudden it starts doin this. It did get fuel filter change about a month ago but i would have thought it would of acted up right after not weeks later

·
Administrator
8,558 Posts
sounds like the injector pump is ready to die.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I will third this. Mine did the same thing. My truck already had new injectors, new fuel lines from tanks to engine, new injector lines, fuel pump, fuel filter, glow plugs, all relays replaced, new starter ,and batteries. Put a rebuilt pump on it and was back in business.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mine does that crap every now and again and I have to flip the fuel tank selector. For some reason when I shut the truck off or hit a real bad bump it will get hung between tanks and won't let the fuel go. Flip the switch and off she goes!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts