Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No! There was some oil going into the rad changed out the oil cooler ran for a bit and nothing going back into the rad. Now it will idle for a good while but go for a small drive empties again shuts itself down and you check the dipstick she’s clean dry

·
Administrator
8,250 Posts
Is your fuel filter black ?

Reactions: heavydoc

·
Registered
131 Posts
oil in fuel filter means injector o ring
oil in radiator means oil cooler
oil burnt should have smoke
oil in intercooler should have a run away motor
oil just leaked out should have oil all over the bottom .
only places I could see it go .

·
Administrator
8,250 Posts
To use that much oil and not have it spilling on the ground. I have to say injector orings. Can you get a pic of the fuel filter and fuel filter canister.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It’s stuck two hours away till this get figured out, when I go back to the truck I can get pics

·
Native Texan
9,050 Posts
Well find the oil check coolant tank check the fuel filter. find the oil find ur problem.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.

·
Native Texan
9,050 Posts
Injector orings will pump the oil into ur fuel system. and it burns with the fuel. pull the fuel filter it will be obvious. The filter will be black.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.

·
PSN intsigator
6,706 Posts
Even though it’s not smoking ? At all... only a little white cloud at starting
You come here asking for help and advise, there have been several others here that have have said the same thing IT'S YOUR INJECTIR O-RINGS. Go ahead and do your turbo like you think and when that does not fix your problem do the dam injector orings. RANT OVER

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’m doing the injector o rings. I just wanted to be 100 percent sure. No need to be hostile I was throwing out ideas I’m new to diesels not once said I wasn’t doing the orings was just thinking because it’s not smoking it might be something different I’d like to get a few ideas before I go back to the truck and go down the line check things off..... holyyyyyyy

·
PSN intsigator
6,706 Posts
Wasn't getting hostile I just wanted to be very clear, most of us have had these truck for many years, and have had these same problems. It looked in your posts you were doubting the o-rings because it wasn't smoking and it won't when it is getting mixed in with your fuel. Easiest way to tell is by pulling the fuel filter. If it is black or discolored it is those o-rings. I have personally seen it 8 times. 1 in mine, 1 in a friend's, and 6 in past customers. 5 of which had ford look at it and said the engine was junk. Then brought to me

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry I assumed you were getting hostile. I’m new to diesels. Just trying to get a list of ideas about what it could be. I do have o rings on order and was going to rebuild the turbo at the same time.... lol doesn’t hurt to have new parts right

1 - 20 of 31 Posts