Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hav a 1996 f-250 4x4 basicly stock except it's straight piped...I jus wanted 2 gt ideas that I could do 2 it...I haul a big trailer full of horses n i wanted 2 know wt I could do 2 give my truk more power witout spending that much money any help is graetly appriciated

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
No matter how you look at it you are going to spend between $300.00-$800.00 on increasing the power the right way.

Downpipe witch you already might have $130.00
Gauges, egt, tranny temp, and boost $200.00-$300.00
Custom burnt chip $300.00-$500.00

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Match my sig and you will be Very happy towing with it :) but I spent more than you want to.

but yes DP (in less you have already done one),good tow tunes on a chip , egt gauge and save for some injectors. without fuel you can only get so much out of stock sticks :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what do you consider "spending that much money"?
No matter how you look at it you are going to spend between $300.00-$800.00 on increasing the power the right way.

Downpipe witch you already might have $130.00
Gauges, egt, tranny temp, and boost $200.00-$300.00
Custom burnt chip $300.00-$500.00
The thing is I dnt know wt 2 look 4...wt brands???wer cn I find all this stuff...they also told me 2 put a programer bt will the stock turbo be able 2 handle all of that?????

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
yes ur stock turbo will handle it and we have many vendors on this site offering a wide array of brands.... a custom burnt chip, build a diy intake, and put a set of gauges in it and u should be good to roll for now

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
the difference between a chip and a programmer is that a chip is connected right to the pcm and your able to change setting "on the fly", with a programmer you have to stop and unload then up load the new tune.... which is a waste.

·
<---mud
297 Posts
The chip is custom burnt to your specific set-up and needs. Its not a one size fits all like the off the shelf programmer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts