Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know this should go under the tire section but way more people look at this than at the tire forum. So I’ve been looking at the Discount tire website and I just need someone to explain to me the different in these tires :confused: Reason being they are the same size just a $70ish difference in price per tire! This is the cheaper of the two 305/50R20XL 120T SBL and the more expensive one is LT305/55R20E2 121S B. I may be over looking something but I really hope not because at $252 a tire seems like a great deal for these tires. I’ve got the website listed below so you guys can check it out. Thanks for the help as always!

Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 tires listed by size

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
The 305/50/20XL is an "extra load" tire and the 305/55/20 is an E load tire. The 305/55/20 is also taller. The second number is the tire height, meaning that the sidewall is 55% of the tire width (305mm). The extra load tire is softer. It's designed around a 1/2 ton or full size SUV. Not a 3/4 ton truck. However, I run extra load tires with no issues. I don't tow though and I got them for the drag strip.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Extra load = 6 ply. E range = 10ply. If you put a 6 ply tire on your truck it will blow out. You need the load range E

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for straightening that out for me! If you saw my rant on the tire section you know I definitely need a E rated tire lol. To be honest I would just like to run solid rubber tires and not have to worry about anything other than a $h!ty ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts