Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys i need to do the tin foil mod... i know what it is, and how its supposed to work, but i cant get the damn locks out of the friggin door!! anyone have any tips or short cuts to get these things out?? also do i need to pull the whole damn assembly or just the actuator... it seems like it should slide out of the assy but i cant get it to move....

things ive done:
1. removed door trim
2. removed three hex screws holding the whole door lock assy
3. removed two nuts holding the outside door handle to the door
4. disc. everything but the electrical connectors and the cable from the inside door handle<<<<< thats my problem i cant get the damn cable disc. or if i dont need to disc and can get away with removing the actuator only somehow... any ideas????

(oh and i cant get a BFH in there sooo that option is out).... and i dont think it would solve anything anyways.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
What is the tin foil mod???

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please post the link my rt rear door lock is sticking.
heres the link to where i found it, youre gonna have to follow links from this thread to get to it

tin foil thread

i think its a couple posts down should be pretty easy to find.

however i just need to gifure out how to get the locks out so i can do it. so if anyone knows how to get the lock actuator apart.. let me know.

·
Sleep well my brothers
2,063 Posts
Tell us how it works. I've been thinking of doing this since I had 3 of them out.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't do the mod without gettin the locks out!

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Sawsall. Just kidding, I have a link at home, when I get there (if my internet is back up) I will post it.

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
If i remember correctly you have to pop it off a post that it sits on (or something like that). I remember using a long screwdriver to get it off. Sorry I have no more information than that. I may have used the screwdriver to get one of the rods off of the lock. I remember it being a pain.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
That's the exact link I was going to post. Page two gives pics of doing the actual mod for the people that were wondering. For those of you that do not want to trust aluminum foil. (mine has been working for two years now) You can take a piece of copper tubing, split it and flatten it out. Cut out a piece the same size as the thermister and put it in instead. Like I said the foil has been working for me nonstop for two years.

Guzzles site is great. Right here, if you look over in the left margin, you will see a link to 7point3.com, there are a ton of useful things there.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks i figured out the key to getting the door locks out..... more power. lol actually if you reach in and grab the cable for the inside door handle and move the cable guide over it will release the cable and you can pull it out...

the mod works flawlessly!! ive never seen my door locks move so damn fast!!! it made my dog jump the first time

1 - 15 of 15 Posts