Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I've never actually done an injector swap or had the VC off for that matter but id have to say you only need to drain the bank your working on

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Only on the bank you are working on. Are you comfortable with the rest of the procedure?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I don't even bother draining the rails. I just pull the glow plugs. Bar the motor over one revolution. Put the VC on with a couple of bolts, do not plug in the 42 pin connector, bump the starter for a few revolutions. Pull the valve cover back off, put everything back together.

Oh yeah, I lay a straightedge (2ft level) across the top of the injectors to make sure they are all the same height (lets you know the injector is seated).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drained just driverside rails...went in fine used syringe and 1/4in line to pull fluid out...7.3 runnin like a jimmy hat. Thanks for the help guys.

Arisley...was there any benefit to putting a '10 bed on the truck or you just wanted it? Where did ya get it and does it bolt up without any fab work?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I was looking for an 08 and up tailgate. Found the complete bed for about the same price. My fenders were oxidized really bad. It was the correct color. Bolted up perfect. Lines up perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts