Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my truck back from ford they installed a new crate motor,still has the black paint on it. Everything is new from the turbos down ! the motor comes with a 2 a two year transferable unlimited mileage warranty . The truck still has the egr delete ,spartan,dpf delete banks intake.The tires and wheels are less then 6 months old toyo 38 1/2 with 20 /12 fuel wheels with warranty from discount tire. rbp upper ,lower front grill and side badges led lights fab tech 8 inch lift, iron cross running boards power coated along with both bumpers fx4 package with black leather truck has 123k showing on it motor has less the 50 miles! looking to sale this truck still but not sure what its worth with the new motor and warranty ?

Thanks for the help

http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/slideshow/AlbumID=6010799027/PictureID=255950602027/a=1796498027_1796498027/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/slideshow/AlbumID=6010799027/PictureID=255951258027/a=1796498027_1796498027/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/slideshow/AlbumID=6010799027/PictureID=255950603027/a=1796498027_1796498027/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hard to price it out very well when we don't know what year it is, and what trim level. :shrug:

That said, the aftermarket stuff really adds nothing to book value, I'd book it out retail, and then add $7.5K to that for the motor.

·
Registered
233 Posts
More importantly why did the truck have to have a new engine?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Nice looking truck, why did the engine need to be replaced?

Like Wizzard of Odds said, I think adding $7.5k to book value is fair, considering a new engine costs something like $14k I think

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Well, yes and no. On one hand, there's a new engine, on the other hand, the truck has been torn apart and had new, untested parts put in. I would think the new engine has no effect on book value. For instance, if a truck was abused and needed a new engine, should that new engine raise its value even though its been abused?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
More importantly why did the truck have to have a new engine?
Did you see his picture blowing smoke? Says a lot about the abuse the truck had.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the truck has not been abused and my fuel was contaminated by some one putting something in my fuel probably my x girlfriend ! insurance payed for a new motor have a receipt from ford for 17350.00 for labor an an motor ! to the guy that says that I my truck has been abused because i have a pic of it blowing smoke ? I don't really get people like you! I can barley press the gas pedal and it blows smoke so suck it big guy !

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Well thats mature.

If you are in to the black smoke crap, you are at the wrong forum. As for "barley press the gas pedal and it blows smoke" bit.....thats not normal or good for your truck. For example I have a 7.3 with basically zero emissions stuff on it and even at WOT there is no smoke at all. You have an emission heavy 6.4 and you are " blowing smoke". Many 6.4s dont even have soot in the exhaust.

So with the picture and the fact that your engine needed replaced so soon it is very easy to conclude that the truck was ran hard. If I saw it for sale and saw that it has a new engine (regardless why) the truck would be worth significantly less to me and I would most likely run away.

Dont get your feelings hurt here guy, just giving you an opinion.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya ! my feeling are not hurt? I guess im on the wrong forum no real help from anyone on the pricing of this truck ? and as far as the emissions there all gone if you would have read the original post ! you know im trying to sell my truck and all you can post to everyone is that its been abused ? so maby you need to mature big guy ! thanks forrrr all that help

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts