Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a John deere 2040, 3 cyl diesel, pencil style injectors, the injection and lift pump are mechanical.

One day while running the tractor is just started spewing what looked like water out of the pcv tube, so we shut it down. drained the oil and it was FULL of diesel, I pulled the injectors out and they don't look like they were leaking and the tops of the pistons looked dry, plus it never hyrdo-locked. So I'm guessing its either the lift pump or the injection pump leaking fuel into the crankcase, but I have no way to test those things. Is there any other way diesel fuel could be entering the crankcase?? has anybody run into this problem before?? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
pull the access cover off the front cover directing in front of the injection pump drive gear and fire the engine and let it run for about 30-45 seconds... have someone shut the engine down and as soon as it quits spinning get a very close look with a pen light or other led style light thats very bright for diesel fuel running out of the front seal of the injection pump..... common problem

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the seal serviceable?? or does it need to go to an injection shop?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Injection pump service would be your best bet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts