Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Young'n
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 2004 early year 6.0, and we got the head about ready to come off. now we need to figure out how to get this oil supply line that goes down in the block to the high pressure oil rail out of the cylinder head. it has a nut on it but its next to impossible to turn? any ideas on how to do this? TIA

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
You talking from the branch tube to the block ? comes off the hpop to both sides of the block ? or is it that like hex bolt ?

·
Young'n
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a steel braded line with a hex nut on the end. one end is connected to the oil rail, removed that, now cant figure out how to get it out of the cylinder head to pull the head off?
BTW its on the passenger side real close to the cab.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Trying to picture which part lol You talking about that block right there above to to back cylinders ?

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
I think its just a fitting somehow pops off.

·
Young'n
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its got a nut on it but wont turn but maybe 1/4 turn and no more its a steel braided line and looks like its connected to a branch tube that goes down into the crankcase

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
It's a quick disconnect fitting. Fork Tool... just like a 7.3 HPOP line where it goes into the head or HPOP...

As far as I know, only the 03-04's had em... the 05+ have a huge log that is only bolted down.

·
Registered
842 Posts
there is a quick connect fitting on there iirc there like the hpop lines off on the 7.3 crap beat me too it

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yep just as stated above..... I got a couple screw drivers in on the edge of the collar and pryed it off the hex nut toward the hose. It takes some pretty good pressure and another set of hands to pull on the hose but it will come off.

·
Registered
475 Posts
You can also twist that nut out but I don't believe that is the preffered method. I broke mine when I was putting it back on so be careful if you take that route.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
You can take a door panel removal tool and grind the center out of it.

Take a peice of flat stock, bend it just a little and cut the middle out.

You can take two screw drivers to it and someone to pull on it.

All methods work if you don't have the right tool.

·
Registered
475 Posts
so how do u get the rocker box off? the hex nut holdin it down
You got a cell phone? Take a pic and send it to me and see if I can throw it up here for everyone. 907-854-8632

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
You sure YOU should be taking this thing apart :poke:

LOL JK... we all have to start somewhere!

Looks like you got help.... if you need anymore, you can call me 443 553 9234

·
Young'n
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ive done several newer 6.0's but never any with just the single oil rail and this line lol figures tyhis truck is mine and it has to be diffrent and difficult haha

·
Registered
475 Posts
Ok here is the pic he sent. The problem he is having is getting the nut lose and still being able to hold the branch tube. It sounds like the branch tube is rotating with the nut.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts