Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed all the rubber lines on my powerstroke a few weeks ago. (In the valley 3 blue and 1 black) That solved my major fuel leak issue. I still get the smell of diesel every time I drive. Typical wet on starter side of engine, but just a fine film. No drips. This film also covers turbo to valve covers with a small puddle under the pedestal. I cleaned everything really good so I know this film is new.

I have NOT rebuilt the fuel bowl yet.. Just curious what could be leaving this film?!

I had it running today at 2000 rpm and could not see any visible leaks

·
Registered
671 Posts
Check the fittings at the back of the heads where the hard lines are connected. May be time to replace the rubber seals.

·
PSN local
161 Posts
I literally just rebuilt my fuel bowl and replace my fuel lift pump it was spitting out fuel. after I did that I also had a leak right under the turbo when I replace my pump it come with new banjo washers for back of pump but it was still leaking so u snugged it more and stop leaking. So long story short check those washers and check the metal lines and also the fitting on the back of the head like big green said

·
PSN local
161 Posts
Also check the fuel lift pump on passenger side and see if it spitting fuel out. You will need some one to hold the pedal around 2000rpm

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping to get to it today but didn't get a chance. Looks like the end of the week before I have some time.

I had the truck around 2k and looked over the valley pretty good and couldn't see anything obvious. I'll look again though.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts