Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
< wish it was mine
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to install my new F5 today and I cannot get it to work. I did the install as per the instructions, tried it twice cleaning the contacts with acetone and the supplied scotchbrite. I'm nervous about taking to much tin off of the contacts, tried to check them with my fingernail and nothing came off. The truck will start and die a minute later the throttle response is very slow and the switcher won't turn on. Need help please, first chip install and I don't want to screw anything up. Also I pulled out my Edge Juice and evolution programmer and set everything back to stock first and it ran fine. The truck runs stock after I gave up and pulled out the F5. Thanks for your help.:ford:

·
< wish it was mine
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I did, but I was wondering if the switcher needs to be unlocked.
pos 0 no start
pos 1 stock
pos 2 1300 high idle
pos 3 60 tow
pos 4 80 tow
pos 5 80 economy
pos 6 120 race
My switcher is also the one that fits in a guage pod.

·
This We'll Defend
1,549 Posts
I had the same problem when I first put mine in. but I had the regular switcher. I placed the USB cord upside down when I installed it on the switcher so it wasnt working. check and see if you didnt make this same mistake. The connections will look like they are together but they really arn't

·
< wish it was mine
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked that, the plug on the guage only fits one way on mine. I'm thinking it was in the no start position. Dp's website instructions said something about the guage not turning on when it is in that position and you have to press and hold a combination of buttons to activate it. I'll try first thing in the morning I'm frustrated tonight.

·
< wish it was mine
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it working, I had to press the button on the switcher to get it out of no start. All I can say about the power is HOLY ###T. Feels like 20 horsepower more in 80 economy than my stacked Edge Juice and Attitude with the evolution set on level 5. I will never run or recomend generic tunes to anyone again, besides I'm into my F5 less than all of my Edge junk.

·
Smarty Power!
2,567 Posts
Congrats on the newfound power!!!
Feels like 20 horsepower more in 80 economy than my stacked Edge Juice and Attitude with the evolution set on level 5.
Exactly why custom tuning is better for our trucks...

besides I'm into my F5 less than all of my Edge junk.
And exactly why again custom tuning is better for your our trucks and wallet...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts